Come meet Jimmy Moore in Greenville, SC on May 23rd at 7pm
For those of you who live in the upstate of South Carolina (Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson area), I have been asked by the Writer's Guild of Greenville to come speak to their group about my book, "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb," as well as my blog.
Mary Lynn Bushong, the President of the Writer's Guild of Greenville, wants me to share how I got my book published, what I have done to market the book to my audience, and how my growing blog audience has helped me do it.
She apparently "found" me through an article I wrote a few months ago for the highest-circulation freelance writing e-zine called Writers Weekly in my column entitled "Build An Audience For Your Book With A Blog."
Of course, I don't pretend to have all the deep dark secrets to marketing a book or a blog for that matter, but I do appreciate the opportunity to share with other writers and interested people what my experience has been like losing weight, starting a blog and writing a book (it must not have been such a bad experience since I'm now working on a SECOND book which will feature more low-carb success stories, recipes, tips, and more!).
Blogging every single day, though, has been one of the most exciting and exhausting things I have ever done in my entire life! But you know what? I wouldn't change a thing about it because I have grown to appreciate the precious gift I have been given through the stories and comments of those who still struggle with their weight. YOU are what keeps me going!
Here are the top 10 blogging tips I wrote about in that article:
1. Create a blog because, well, IT'S FREE!
2. Find a topic you are interested in and just start blogging.
3. Be passionate about what you blog about and keep it interesting.
4. Partner up with other bloggers writing on the same topic as you.
5. Blog as regularly as you possibly can.
6. Provide your readers with product information that will help them.
7. Don't be afraid to stir the waters to get people talking.
8. Become the biggest leader in whatever you are blogging about.
9. Change things up often to keep your blog looking fresh.
10. Continually build on the growth you experience.
There's so much more I could share about this topic, but hopefully that will whet your appetite to come hear some more.
I would like to personally invite any of my blog readers who are interested in meeting me in person to come to the Barnes & Noble store located at 735 Haywood Road in Greenville, SC on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 7:00pm. They meet in the back of the store near the music section promptly, so come early to get a good seat. I promise you will have a lot of fun and I'll see if my wife Christine can come with me, too!
For more information, please call 864-458-9113 or you can e-mail Mary Lynn Bushong. I can't wait to see you there!