MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I Need To Go Get Mo Olivado Avocado Oil


Olivado sells over a million bottles of avocado oil worldwide annually

In my recent interview with "Hamptons Diet" author Dr. Fred Pescatore, I asked him if there were any other oils he would recommend people cook and supplement their diet with besides his beloved macadamia nut oil and he responded that the "only other oil I can recommend at this time is avocado oil."

Even the famous chef Jamie Oliver has described avocado oil as "the next 'it' food ingredient" for people living a healthy lifestyle.

So in my quest to find the very best brand of avocado oil I could possibly find, I think I've got it!

Straight from New Zealand comes the purest form of avocado oil you will find on the planet from a company called Olivado. Their extra virgin, cold-pressed avocado oil is considered one of the world's healthiest oils because it contains an ingredient called Beta-Sitosterol which has been known to protect the body against diabetes, heart disease, and even prostate cancer. Avocado oil has FOUR TIMES the amount of this stuff as olive oil! WOW!

The avocado fruit contains between 13-22% oil (mostly monounsaturated fat) which helps lower LDL cholesterol. Interestingly, studies have shown the avocado oil being present in foods like salads actually helps the body absorb the nutrients even better than without it. Sweet!

Unlike olive oil which can overwhelm some foods and can break down at higher temperatures, avocado oil has a smoke point of 500 degrees, can be used as a salad dressing, and is even the perfect dipping sauce for a variety of foods.

Avocado oil has high levels of alpha and beta-carotenes, the essential antioxidant Vitamin A, the vision-assisting lutein, generous portions of omega-3 fatty acids, and many other positive nutritional qualities. Needless to say, this product is extremely healthy and works well for anyone who is livin' la vida low-carb.

I had the opportunity (and pleasure!) of trying the Olivado Gold Avocado Oil, Infused With Lemon recently and was admittedly skeptical initially about how avocado oil would taste. I'm not an avocado fan, but am always willing to try just about anything at least once.

The flavor I tried was infused with lemon, so I cooked some eggs with it. Lemon in eggs sounds kinda gross and I was prepared to throw them away if it was nasty. But believe it or not, that was the most delicious plate of eggs I've ever eaten! Oh my gosh, the lemon flavor wasn't too overpowering as you would expect it to be and there was no funky aftertaste or anything negative about the avocado oil at all. Eureka, we have a winner!!!

I was so stoked about how good this stuff was that I decided to use it again in a chicken shirataki stir fry meal and yippy dippity doo YAHOO! Man oh man, is this stuff the bomb (that is still cool to say, right?) or what?! Now I'm VERY curious what the Rosemary, Basil, Chili and Bell Pepper, Macadamia Nut, and Omega Plus avocado oils from Olivado are like, too! I guess I'll just have to march out to the store and buy them all to find out!

Click here to find a store near you that stocks the Olivado brand (mostly Whole Foods and Fresh Market stores) of avocado oil. I cannot say enough positive things about this amazingly healthy product.

1 Comments:

Blogger Graham Edmonstone said...

Now the best Avocado oil I tasted was flavoured with chilli. Made my salad taste totally different. I have also tried lemon and garlic but chilli is the best. Avocado oil from South Africa

12/14/2007 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home