MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

'Liquid Splenda' Has Arrived With FiberFit


FiberFit provides low-carbers sucralose and fiber in liquid form

Growing up in the 1980s, my father owned several family-styled restaurants in the western part of Tennessee. I can remember going to his restaurants sitting at the table in one of the booths playing with the napkin holder, salt and pepper shakers, coffee creamers, and whatever else I could get my hands on.

There was one distinctively-shaped bottle of clear liquid that my dad had on the tables for his customers to use in their iced tea or coffee called Ril-Sweet. Of course, this was a saccharin-based product which came in an odd-looking triangular container and was a very popular sugar substitute long before the days of Nutrasweet, Splenda, and ACE-K.

I remember when I was 10 years old my brother Kevin dared me to take a swig of the Ril-Sweet. Being the brave (or stupid!) kid that I was, I took him up on his challenge and puckered up my lips to the bottle without hesitation to take a big suck of this stuff. Sllllllluuurrrp! :-~

Uh-oh, what have I done...

The first thing I thought about was how incredibly sweet this stuff was, but then it hit me. You know what I'm talking about. That disgusting wang of a taste that saccharin has hit me upside the head like a 2X4 and had me gagging for some water to clean my mouth out with. I zoomed towards the bathroom and even used some soap to clean off my tongue because this stuff was so gross.

Later on that day, I saw my dad squirting this Ril-Sweet product (no, not the one I had my mouth on!) in the sweet tea he made for the customers at his restaurant. I asked him why he didn't just use sugar and he said it was cheaper for him to do half sugar/half saccharin. Oh, okay. That was about as far as my curiosity took me on that topic and I just knew to avoid drinking the sweet iced tea from then on. :D

Now it's 2006 and how times have changed in the past quarter century. With incredible advances in sweetening technology, companies can't seem to come out with their supposedly better-tasting artificial sweeteners fast enough. But there is one company who has a product available for the sugar-free consumer that pulls together the best aspects of Ril-Sweet without the disgusting aftertaste that had me running to the restroom to rinse my mouth out.

It's called FiberFit from a company named Nutragenics. This handy-dandy bottle of sugar-free goodness is basically "liquid Splenda." They aren't allowed to call it that, of course, but that's exactly what it is. And if that wasn't enough, they also have fortified this form of sucralose with healthy soluble fiber as well for a sweet bonus feature to FiberFit.

Each teaspoon serving of FiberFit contains just 4 calories and 1g fiber. Better yet, there are a grand total of ZERO (that's a beautiful number!) net carbs for those of you counting carbs on your low-carb lifestyle. Even better is the fact that this one little teaspoon of FiberFit actually has the sweetness of about EIGHT teaspoons of sugar. WOWsers!

When I tasted this stuff (no, I didn't chug-a-lug it like I did the Ril-Sweet), I was immediately captivated by the pleasant taste it had, something that had alluded me in my previous experience with a liquid artificial sweetener. Bad memories, bad memories! But FiberFit was different and I knew it right away. WE HAVE A WINNER!

Unlike some of those "other" liquid sweeteners that break down when they are cooked, FiberFit can easily be used in any cooking or baking recipe that calls for a sweetener. This product is so versatile you'll find yourself using it in everything from low-carb cakes to, yes, even iced tea. Something tells me FiberFit works a lot better than Ril-Sweet ever did! :D

Needless to say, this product is not only PERFECT for people who are livin' la vida low-carb, but is also great for diabetics and anyone who is attempting to kick the sugar habit for good. Let FiberFit help you do just that in the most delightful way! I highly recommend this to anyone who needs to eliminate sugar from their diet (that SHOULD be everyone!) and add some extra fiber to your system as well.

The liquid form of FiberFit comes in two sizes: the 4 fl. oz is the perfect traveling mate to take with you to restaurants and other occasions outside the home while the economy-size 16 fl. oz bottle is perfect for all the uses you will have for it in your home. For those of you who still prefer a powdered form of sucralose, but you want the added benefit that comes from the fiber found in FiberFit, then you might want to try the 8 oz. container.

Remember the name when you want some "liquid Splenda" -- it's FiberFit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just love that I learn something new every day that I read your blog....thanks for keeping us informed. I can't wait to try this stuff.

6/29/2006 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home