MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Q&A With Jimmy Moore By 'The Diet Detective'


Charles "Diet Detective" Platkin recently interviewed me for his site

After my recent interview with public health advocate, author and nationally-syndicated columnist Charles Stuart Platkin (aka "The Diet Detective") at my blog, he decided to return the favor and posted this revealing Q&A with me today in the interviews section at his popular DietDetective.com web site.

Describing me as "evangelic" (is that like "angelic?" HA!) about livin' la vida low-carb, Platkin asked some rather personal questions about my weight loss and healthy living experience that I couldn't wait to answer.

Here are just a few of the highlights:

Question: What's the most bodacious chance you've ever taken?

I would have to say when I decided to begin the Atkins diet on January 1, 2004 in the midst of all the negative attention it was receiving in the media and from the health "experts." Even my own doctor said he was concerned about me going on a low-carb program, but he knew I needed to lose weight. One year later, I felt vindicated by my decision when I was a new man who had overcome a lifetime of weight problems by following a way of eating that kept my weight under control while affording me the opportunity to enjoy delicious and healthy foods. Who would have thought a miracle like this could happen to me? BUT IT DID and it was the best chance I've ever taken.
********************************************
Question: How do you stick to your diet (weight control goals) on days when you really don’t want to? What are techniques you use to stay on track?

I do it anyway. My motto is NO EXCUSES, NO REGRETS! Nothing, absolutely nothing, will stand in the way of my success. I WILL do this and it CAN be done. Sure, there are days when you don't feel like staying on track with your plan. But that is when the challenge of controlling your weight gets interesting because you see just how sincere you are in wanting to make this your permanent lifestyle change. No more complacency with the way things are. It's time to implement change and do it for the rest of your life. Knowing that the temptation to quit is going to come will help you when those times in your life come. NEVER GIVE UP!
********************************************
Question: What is the biggest change you noticed once you lost weight?

I have energy like a firecracker just waiting to explode! In fact, I didn't even realize how physically fit I had become until my wife left her purse in the car one day in early 2005. We were at church and she needed me to go get her purse for her because she needed something out of it. The car was about 1/4 mile away and yet I took off like Superman running in my Sunday morning suit and dress shoes, gliding through the wind at what seemed like astronomical speed, and I was barely breaking a sweat. I had never felt that way before in my entire life and reached the car without any trouble whatsoever and no huffing and puffing. I felt so good that I immediately sprinted back to where my wife was several minutes later watching my wife's jaw hanging wide open as if she had just seen something miraculous happen. She did! Her husband's alive and living well for the first time ever! Man, that feels good!
********************************************
Question: What do you consider the world’s most perfect food? Please be specific and try not to answer with a category but rather with a specific food item: for example, not “whole grain” but “raisin bran cereal”?

Eggs are the most perfect food God ever created for humans to eat. They are loaded with hunger-fighting protein and will keep you satisfied for hours after eating them for breakfast. I often eat a 3 or 4-egg breakfast with melted cheese on top for my breakfast to get my day started off right and I usually have plenty of energy to make it until lunchtime. When they use the slogan "the incredible edible egg," they weren't kidding!
********************************************
Question: Tell us how you got to where you are now.

Well, it all started when my mom and dad wanted to have a second child...oh, you didn't mean THAT far back, did you? Hee hee! Just kidding. The man I am today is a direct result of hard work, dedication, commitment, and a deep-seeded passion and desire to become the man I was destined to be. I wasted the first 32 years of my life pursuing things that I thought would make me happy and fulfilled. I was wrong. Now I have a new lease on life and a newfound purpose to help others who struggle with their weight and think there is no way they could ever find hope again. I'm here to not just tell them, but also SHOW them that there is someone who understands their plight and sincerely wants them to taste what being healthy and thin is all about. The road that got me here wasn't an easy one, but it was necessary for me to make a lasting influence on people.
********************************************
Question: What is your most influential story, fiction or nonfiction, from a film, book, magazine, newspaper or parable? Explain its impact on your life? What's you're favorite saying?

It's not really a story, but rather a Scripture verse from the Bible found in Phillipians 4:13. It simply states, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." With that knowledge, I am confident that I can be successful at ANYTHING I put my mind to do because the source of my strength is Jesus Christ. Without Him, I would literally be nothing and would never be able to find the success I have already enjoyed through my incredible weight loss. But with Him, the sky is literally the limit and I fully expect many more GREAT things to come to me for honoring Him in all things.

There's a WHOLE lot more of Platkin's interview with me by clicking here. I was so very grateful for the opportunity to share my honest thoughts about diet, health, and nutrition and I appreciate the willingness of someone like Charles Stuart Platkin who may not agree with livin' la vida low-carb as a dietary approach for everyone (and neither do I, by the way), but he is willing to make concessions that it may be exactly what some people need to do to get their weight under control and their heath in line.

In fact, Platkin has asked me to head up a special section of his web site dedicated to columns about low-carb living and I am thrilled for the opportunity to share my writings with a new audience of readers. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. :D I'll keep blogging away right here each and every day like I have since April 2005. But this will enable me and the positive message of livin' la vida low-carb to continue branching out to a world desperate for answers about their obesity and health problems. I covet your prayers and support for strength and wisdom as I begin this new endeavor in the coming weeks.

Special THANKS to Charles Stuart Platkin for his excellent interview! You can send him an e-mail of appreciation by writing to info@dietdetective.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Jimmy, you always inspire me! THANK YOU for being an advocate who never gets pulled off the tracks! God bless you!

6/30/2006 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home