MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, July 03, 2006

The 1000th Post At 'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb'

It took 440 days to happen, but now a pretty major milestone in the history of my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog has finally arrived:



ONE-THOUSAND POSTS! WOW, just thinking about that gives me goosebumps because it means there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of articles that I have written floating around out there in cyberspace supporting and promoting the low-carb lifestyle to a world full of overweight and obese people wondering if there is any way they will ever be able to overcome their weight problem and get healthy.

This achievement is so very special to me because I have invested a lot of time, energy, emotions, personal thoughts, research, late nights, and more into making this blog the very best that it can possibly be. I hope you have noticed that I put forth my very best effort with everything I do here at my blog.

While it doesn't have the greatest graphics in the world nor does it contain fancy references to back up everything I have to say, hopefully it is apparent to anyone and everyone who visits this blog that it is a reflection of how the life of one man was radically changed forever when he made the fateful decision to begin livin' la vida low-carb on January 1, 2004 and that the same thing can happen for anyone willing to begin living this amazing lifestyle, too.

My trademark phrase "livin' la vida low-carb" is not just some cutesy slogan that I use flippantly with little regard for what it means. I actually live, breathe, and am surrounded by everything that phrase envelopes because of the testimony I have now because I have chosen this way of life for myself. This blog has become a way for like-minded people who have either had their lives changed or are in the midst of changing their life through low-carb living. We're a big support system for each other and I'm so happy to have met many new friends through this blog.

I am privileged and honored more than you know to have so many visitors who find my blog worth visiting often and I really do put a lot of effort into bringing quality content and commentary that will ideally teach you something new every time you visit, lift your spirits with a positive message in a world that tries to bring you down, and engage you with stories and opinions that will make you laugh, cry, get outraged, or even jump for joy. Isn't that what reading a blog SHOULD be about?

Now that I have 1,000 blog posts under my belt (beneath that hanging loose skin, of course!), some might say I've put in my dues and done enough on behalf of the low-carb cause. It is a big sacrifice to keep and maintain a blog, much more so than I even realized when I first began this journey of sorts on April 21, 2005. But I wouldnt think of giving it up now...or anytime soon for that matter!

I can proudly say this is one thing that I do joyfully and with great humility as a very small way to give back just a tiny fraction of the abundant blessing and miracle that has been given to me through my 180-pound weight loss. While I don't get paid to write all these posts that extol the virtues of livin' la vida low-carb, I feel like I've been given a king's ransom every time I look in the mirror at that guy who doesn't look anything like the man I was before 2004.

Sure, I'd love to be able to support my family writing for a living, but that's merely a dream of mine that may or may not happen in the future. I'm not giving up on it just like I didn't give up on my weight loss. If I stay committed and work hard, then my efforts will be rewarded in due time by the grace of God.

Whether you are a brand new reader at the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, if you have been with me from the beginning, or anywhere in between, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for spending a small segment of your day with me. With an amazing one-third of a million pageviews (oh my gosh, that's a bunch!) so far, including breaking the 50,000-pageviews mark in the month of June alone, YOU are what makes my job as a blogger so much fun.

When I sit behind this computer screen and type the words that eventually appear on my blog, it boggles my mind to think that a whole bunch of real live people are actually reading every word written and interacting whether they agree or disagree with the subjects I have written about. That's the beauty of blogging -- you get real opinions and instant reaction! I LOVE IT!

1,000 posts down and ???? to go. The sky is literally the limit and I don't ever want to stop showing my support for low-carb as long as there are people who are overweight, obese, dealing with diabetes, struggling with their health, have metabolic syndrome, and any number of other conditions that would necessitate them to begin a low-carb program.

That's why I'm here and that's why I'm STAYING here for as long as it takes. People need hope, inspiration, motivation, and a reason for celebration when they are dealing with such "weighty" issues. Consider the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog your lifeline when you need a safe place of refuge from the mean, nasty world that tells you how awful you are unless you eat low-fat, count your calories and measure out your portions. We know better because we're livin' la vida low-carb and lovin' it, too!

Let me issue this parting challenge to you in my 1,000th post: If you consider yourself an advocate of low-carb living, a strong supporter of this way of eating that has literally changed the lives of countless numbers of men and women worldwide, then consider joining me and the growing number of low-carb bloggers in this debate over a healthy diet.

What people want and need to see now more than ever are real life examples of how low-carb can actually help them change their lives. But people are scared because they are misinformed. What better way to educate, encourage and inspire them than by sharing your thoughts about livin' la vida low-carb through your very own blog.

I don't even pretend to know EVERYTHING there is to know about the low-carb lifestyle and oftentimes rely on your thoughts and opinions to help fill in the gaps at my blog where my own personal experience is lacking. So why not make your contribution starting RIGHT NOW and begin your journey towards 1,000 posts, too! You can write as much or as little as you would like, but DO SOMETHING to contribute to the cause. There are people depending on you out there! Won't you step up to the plate?

If you need help setting up an account with Blogger or any other blog hosting company (IT'S FREE, by the way!), then feel free to e-mail me and I can walk you through the simple instructions. I'd also be more than happy to add your blog to my ever-growing list of Blog Friends if you just drop me a quick note with the URL and name of your blog.

Can you believe it? 1,000 posts?! Ah, and I've only just begun! :D

5 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

WOHOOOO! This is awesome. Congrats to you, Jimmy, and your great blog. I come back every day to see what's new, and I feel you are truly paying it forward to the low-carb community and all the poeple out there who are seeking help, advice and inspiration desperately. You are spreading the word, and I want to say thank you.

7/04/2006 5:35 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Well done Jimmy on this great milestone. My blog is only at 38 !!

Keep up the good work spreading the LC word to the world.

Steve

7/04/2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

Congratulations Jimmy!

What an achievement!

7/04/2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!

And about the loose skin. I have a little bit after losing 65. It doesn't show when I'm standing, but when I sit I get a roll of skin hanging over my jeans.

7/04/2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

(quite belated, unfortunately) Congratulations, Jimmy! More power to you!

7/10/2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home