MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

405-Pound Canadian Man Inspired To Low-Carb

Last year about this time when I was writing the book about my 180-pound low-carb weight loss experience called "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb," I was imagining what it would be like for someone with a similar weight problem picking up a copy of my book and realizing that weight loss is definitely within his ability to do just like I did. While I have heard from so many of you who have bought my book and told me how it motivated you to get started or continue on your low-carb lifestyle, a 405-pound Canadian man named Stephan made my day when he e-mailed me today with his testimony about how my book inspired him to get serious about dealing with his obesity

Here's what Stephan wrote to me in that e-mail:

Dear Mr. Moore,

I have just finished your book and would like to thank you for writing it. Your story has motivated me to do something about my weight (405 pounds) once and for all. I have thrown out all carb-rich food in my house and replaced it with healthy low carb instead (fish, lean meat, eggs, cheese, etc.).

I intend to follow your advice to the letter (nutrition and exercise). I figure, if I adopt the same eating lifestyle (see? I read the book I'm not using the word 'Diet') and do the same workout I should reap similar results.

A quick question, I know that the low carb lifestyle does not count calories, but did you in any way reduce your food intake during that period? Can you tell me how many calories you ate per day?

Again, thank you sir!!!

Stephan


WOW, what a great compliment, Stephan! I was so thrilled with his feedback that I happily replied to address the issues he raised in his e-mail to me:

Dear Stephan,

CONGRATULATIONS to you for making the best decision of your life regarding your health -- to start livin' la vida low-carb! You will be so pleased with the results I am quite sure of that. :)

When it comes to calories, I didn't count 'em and still don't. Never have and probably never will. It reminds me too much of being on a "diet." And you know how much I HATE those.

I also did not portion control during my weight loss. Your body naturally regulates that as long as you aren't gorging yourself on every meal. Be smart about it and allow the protein and fat you are consuming to send you the signal when you have had enough. You'll know.

Don't try to mimic exactly what I did because it may not work for you. But be sure to follow the low-carb plan you have chosen (I did Atkins) and stick to it for the rest of your life. YOU CAN DO THIS!

THANKS again for writing and I wish you only the best as you begin livin' la vida low-carb. I'm always here for you if you have any questions or need encouragement. God bless you!

Jimmy Moore


My reader was kind enough to even post this book review at Amazon.com for me. THANK YOU! By the way, if you've read my book and would be willing to help me with a book review at Amazon, I'd be very appreciative if you would just take a moment to submit one for me. Click here to submit your review.

Stephan said he has chosen the Atkins low-carb plan to lose his weight and will keep me abreast of his progress every few months. CONGRATULATIONS, Stephan and I KNOW you will be the weight loss success you so desperately want to be. I am so proud of you and humbled to know that I played a role in your decision to do this.

Whatever you do, don't ever give up on this at anytime, no matter how hard it may seem. Just push forward and keep going because it is the best feeling in the world to have the weight lifted off of your body and you are free to be the man God intended you to be physically. I'm still getting used to it myself and I've kept my weight off for two years! LOL!

I invite my readers to share any words of encouragement and wisdom with this newfound low-carber, Stephan. Feel free to share any tips or advice that helped you as you were getting started livin' la vida low-carb. We're praying for you, Stephan, and are behind in this 100%! YOU GO BOY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

1) It may be necessary to count calories at some point. Some people will simply eat too much no matter what plan they are using.

2) Buy the book connected with the plan. If he wants to do Atkins, then get the book. I would also recommend Protein Power - that book has a TON of scientific info. about how low carb works on the biochemical level. It also includes it's own low-carb plan.

3) Weight loss WILL stall. That's when the war is won or lost. A lot of people give up and bleme themselves when it's really just a normal part of weight loss and happens to almost everybody.

7/14/2006 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home