MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, July 31, 2006

Berries & Chocolate Are An Ideal Combo


I never realized how amazing berries taste with chocolate!

You're not gonna believe this, but I used to NEVER eat any kind of berries before my low-carb lifestyle. I don't know why I didn't, I just didn't. It was probably because they weren't sweet enough for my over-sugared taste buds and I thought they were pretty disgusting.

But once you lay off the sugar for a while, something amazing happens to your tastebuds. They become more enhanced so that anything that has even a remote amount of sweetness tastes much sweeter than it ever has before! It's true! If you don't eat sugar, then all of a sudden foods like berries become a sweet treat for you to eat.

However, when I started livin' la vida low-carb, I also stumbled onto something else I had no idea about: combining the sweet goodness of berries with the taste of chocolate. Oh...my...heavens! Berries and chocolate have GOT to be the most ideal combination to come along since peanut butter and jelly! WOWsers!

Melting your favorite sugar-free chocolate bar and drizzling it on top of a bowlful of berries is what this recipe I have to share with you today is all about. Special thanks to Elaine at Low-Carb Connoisseur for this tasty and refreshing dessert recipe. ENJOY!

THREE-BERRY DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE

2 pints strawberries
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blueberries
3 Cavalier Dark Chocolate bars or
ChocoPerfection Dark Chocolate bars, broken in pieces
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp Singing Dog Vanilla Extract


1. Rinse berries and pat dry. Halve strawberries. Mix berries and divide in 8 dessert dishes.

2. In a double boiler (or in a heatproof bowl set over, but not touching, a pot of simmering water), melt dark chocolate bars with cream. Stir until smooth; mix in vanilla extract. Cool slightly; drizzle sauce over fruit.

Servings: 8
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake/Cook time: 5 minutes

Carbohydrates: 11.5g
Net Carbs: 7g
Fiber: 4.5g
Protein: 1.5g
Fat: 10.5g
Calories: 148

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home