MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fat Man Walking Admits 'It Is A Long Journey'


If you haven't met "The Fat Man Walking" yet, prepare to be inspired

There's one date in my mind that I will NEVER forget for as long as I live because it was the turning point in my life when I decided I would no longer settle for being an obese man for the rest of my life. That date was January 1, 2004. Oh, I'm sure I thought about doing something long before that actual day, but my long journey to lose weight and get healthy began on that day.

For Steve "The Fat Man Walking" Vaught, that date would be April 10, 2005. That's the day when this 39-year old father of two from Oceanside, California started his unique plan to shed the pounds while inspiring a nation. It was on that fateful day when he committed himself to begin a trek across the United States from San Diego, California to New York City in an effort to "regain my life" from the stronghold of obesity.


Like me, Steve weighed 410 pounds when his weight loss began

This amazing man has already lost over 100 pounds in a little more than a year despite various injuries along the way and struggling with how he should eat. Steve says it is still a "battle even now" about how he should be eating as he continues seeking what would work best for him. Have you considered livin' la vida low-carb, Steve? :D

If you have not read any of Steve's personal journals, then you are missing out on some of the most revealing commentary on what the mind of a fat person is like and how very difficult it is to adequately describe the emotions that come from being an overweight or obese person in today's society. You can sense the struggle in what Steve writes about regarding his own experience because of the intense and obvious pain it conjures up within him. For those of us who have been through this battle, those wounds are all too fresh.

Amazingly, Steve hasn't always been fat and was even once a Marine. But as most people do after they get married and start settling down into life, Steve just allowed himself to get bigger and bigger until he topped out at 410 pounds last year. I know the feeling because that is the same thing that happened to me before I started livin' la vida low-carb. For Steve, he's now livin' la vida the fat man walking! Go, Steve, go!


Steve's hoping to keep on losing the weight, one step at a time

I sent an e-mail to Steve the other day to encourage him in this journey he is on just to let him know he is not alone in his battle. I shared with him about my own weight loss success and that I believed he could do it, too!

He wrote me an e-mail back today stating that his weight loss endeavor "is a long journey but one that can be done."

That's exactly right, my friend. Keep holding your head up high and NEVER EVER EVER give up on your dream of bringing about lasting weight loss for yourself. I KNOW it can happen for you and I'm here to cheer you on to great success! KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB, Steve "The Fat Man Walking" Vaught!

Visit the official "Fat Man Walking" web site, support Steve by purchasing one of his souvenir "Fat Man Walking" T-shirts, and even send an e-mail to Steve at steve@thefatmanwalking.com. Be sure to tell him that Jimmy "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Man" Moore sent you his way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Marcy,

While I certainly respect your right to post the comments you made about Steve, I think what you have written is ALL THE MORE reason why I support him and his desire to lose weight. He NEEDS help right at this very instant and I for one will not sit back and just watch him fall back into an inevitable sense of obesity. That's not my style and cannot see how anyone could be so heartless towards people like this. Again, your opinion is your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. THANKS for reading my blog!

Jimmy

7/30/2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS again, Marcy. I really don't have a dog in this hunt except to say that Steve is someone who is looked to by the media and overweight America as the epitome and example of what can be done when human resolve is involved in losing weight.

Apparently you KNOW a lot more about his story than I do and I don't want to take anything away from what you have said. If he really did all of these things you have stated, then I can certainly understand why you would feel the way that you do about him.

I still believe he is someone who is searching for a way to overcome his obesity and I stand ready to assist him in that endeavor when he is ready just as I am to do the same for ANYONE who visits my blog and asks for help.

That's my only mission.

THANKS again for your comments and I appreciate your readership!

7/31/2006 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home