MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Have You Met The 'Last Atkins Dieter' Yet?


Is this beautiful woman the last Atkins dieter left in the world?

Okay, get this. You're at a party with a friend who notices you are conspicuously avoiding the chips, pretzels, sandwiches, and, of course, the dessert table. When that friend asks you why you aren't eating those foods like everyone else, your response is that you have been on the Atkins diet since 2002 and I'm still eating this way to maintain my 95-pound weight loss.

Then you get the response: "You must be the last Atkins dieter left!"

Well, that's exactly what happened to 43-year-old Seattle, Washington resident Kristn, aka Sweet Tart, who has been livin' la vida low-carb for close to five years and has indeed been a nearly triple-digit low-carb weight loss success story serving as an inspiration to the friends and family within her sphere of influence.

Using those famous words that her friend told her at that recent party as the springboard, Kristn created a brand new blog this week entitled (WHAT ELSE!) "The Last Atkins Dieter" where she will share her low-carb insights and other points of interest about this amazing weight loss and weight maintenance journey she has been on. She admits, as most of us long-term low-carbers have, that she has to "work at it every day." AMEN!

She credits the work of the late Dr. Robert C. Atkins and the "low-carb way of life" for helping her accomplish what she has with her improved health and weight. Like me, she still considers herself a "work in progress" and is always looking to tweak her new lifestyle change so she is living and eating as well as she possibly can.

Kristn's main focus right now has been on her exercise routine and increasing her consumption of whole organic foods rather than the man-made, processed foods, including the ones that are supposedly low-carb.

In fact, in this this blog post called "Choices" from an entry on Wednesday, Kristn described the low-carb ice cream a fellow low-carb friend brought over as a "frankenfood" and lamented that this same low-carbing friend was peeling the skin off of the grilled chicken they were eating.

The chicken skin is practically health food!!! So many people have been brainwashed to think that natural animal fat is poison, but that pretend food manufactured to reduce carbs or fat or both is "a healthy part of a balanced diet."

Oh, I like this woman A LOT already! :D Now she's got her own soapbox, too!

When I wrote to Kristn to congratulate her on the excellent new low-carb blog, she was very forthright about why she felt she needed to start blogging about her low-carb/Atkins diet experience.

"I've been so successful on Atkins, yet my friends seem to think I shouldn't continue with a diet (which I call my new way of life) that's allowed me to lose weight and then maintain my loss for 4 years because it's either (in their opinion) unhealthy or fallen out of fashion recently."

It doesn't make sense, does it Kristn? I have run into the same thing with people despite that fact I've kept my 180-pound weight loss on the Atkins diet off for nearly two years! It's mind-boggling, really. You would think people would be thrilled to hear you have found a permanent and healthy way to maintain your weight, but they are so sorely misinformed. That's one of the reasons I started blogging and I'm glad to have your voice added to the debate of ideas over diet and health.

"I want to laugh at the unhealthy critics. I'm healthier and in better shape than I've ever been. And I've never been one to abandon something that's working for me just because it's no longer trendy. I know too many people (mostly online) who've restored their health through the low-carb way of life for me to give up because of someone's opinion."

YOU ARE SO RIGHT, Kristn!!! Man, where've ya been, we've been needing someone like you to step forward and share your story along with the rest of us who believe in this lifestyle change (I call it livin' la vida low-carb!) and want to earnestly help others find the joy that comes from overcoming obesity through low-carb living.

On behalf of my readers here at the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, I would like to officially welcome you to the low-carb blogging community and look forward to many great blog posts in the coming weeks, months and years ahead!

Please be sure to visit Kristn's brand spankin' new low-carb blog, "The Last Atkins Dieter", to engage in the discussion of the low-carb life she is having over there. Kristn, I'm always available here at my blog to assist you in any way that I can. I'm so proud to know there are people like you who DO exist and are trumpeting the low-carb cause. Isn't it GREAT to know you really aren't the "last Atkins dieter?" :)

You can send Kristn a welcome e-mail by clicking here.

1 Comments:

Blogger TESS said...

Detractors are just jealous people who most likely need to lose weight and can't or won't.

7/14/2006 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home