MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

New Low-Carb Blogs Keep Popping Up Online

It makes me proud to see so many BRAND NEW LOW-CARB BLOGS popping up all over the Internet nowadays. With reliable information about livin' la vida low-carb becoming very scarce in traditional information sources such newspapers and television, the growing blogosphere has become a safe haven of rest for low-carbers to unite and share their experiences with each other about this amazing way of eating.

If the growth of my blog is any indication of the sustained interest in this topic, then my bets are that some of the following blogs will be serving the low-carb community with excellent commentary and news for many years to come.

Here are five new blogs that have recently caught my attention:

1.
Because I said so

A 28-year-old Missouri woman named Meredith Curry, aka Megadittles, has a blog that features her quirky, but honest "personal health and diet opinions" as well as a few "tangents on other subjects." As both she and her husband are livin' la vida low-carb, Meredith blogs about just about whatever is on her mind -- good, bad or ugly! She likes it that way and wants you to read what she has to say...BECAUSE I SAID SO! :D

2.
Blogging While Fat

Speaking of quirky, wait until you get a load of Mr. & Mrs. Fat! What a riot! Again, this is a husband/wife team on the Atkins diet and simply sharing what life is like as they go down this weight loss journey together. Aww, that's just sooooo sweet! If you like your humor dry and brutally honest, then you'll find lots to love about this politically incorrect blog!

3.
Kudos For Low-Carb

Of a more sophisticated and professional variety of blogger, we have certified sports nutritionist and author Carol Bardelli who is an active low-carber willing to share her wealth of wisdom about livin' la vida low-carb with the world. Carol's blog reads like a how-to manual for the low-carb lifestyle in language that not only teaches you something new, but also keeps you interested and even entertained. She's a big fan of my blog and I know you'll soon become a big fan of hers!

4.
Zero Carb Daily

I've blogged about Rob (whose avatar at the Active No-Carber Forums is ironically the Kool-Aid Man! HA!) and his Zero Carb Path version of livin' la vida low-carb before. But now he has a brand new daily blog featuring regular posts about the incredible health benefits he believes comes from eating virtually no carbs at all. Whether you subscribe to that philosophy or not, Rob certainly makes the information compelling enough to check out!

5. Obesity Discussion

While this web site is technically NOT low-carb nor is it a blog, I think you'll find the discussions in the forums interesting enough to read. This web site is actually run by a man named Matt who has lost weight on low-carb. He recently added this Atkins Diet Recipes section to his list of forums. This one might be worth a look-see every now and then.

There are PLENTY more new low-carb blogs out there and I want you to let me know when you see a new one that tickles your fancy. Drop me an e-mail to let me know about it and we'll check 'em out! Of course, you can always see the new blogs I'm interested in by looking at my ever-growing list of Blog Friends along the right-hand side of my blog.

Are you thinking of starting your own low-carb blog? GO FOR IT! Just let me know when you've gone live and posted and few blogs so I can see what you're up to. We're all in this together and I'll do my part to help you get the word out about your new blog. Keep spreading the word about livin' la vida low-carb!

4 Comments:

Blogger K. Dill said...

Jimmy,
Its not necessarily a bad thing that low carb is not as popular as it once was with the media and big food. I for one, and my wife for another, fell off the wagon as it were more or less due to the availabilty of low carb junk food. LC junk food, led to real junk food, then to why even bother with LC at all. Well, after a couple of go rounds with other ideas, we finally came to the realization that the only time we were ever successful losing and keeping our weight under control was while on LC. The combonation of your blog which led me to George Stella's books, and to a few other blogs and sites has set us back on the LC track. It is really nice to see others "keeping the faith", and that we are not alone as it so often seems.

Sincerely,
Kevin DIll

7/19/2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Rob's right, you know.

When he goes bursting through brick walls, yelling "OH YEAH", he's carrying a huge platter of raw Chuck Eye Roast.

7/19/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no...more blogs to read!

7/19/2006 9:49 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, SkinnyDipper! I really do try to offer a variety of viewpoints and give you my own. While everyone won't agree with EVERYTHING I write about (you have a right to be wrong! HA!), my objective is to get people to think for themselves and figure out what's best for THEM. THANK YOU for noticing that. I hope this challenges other low-carb blogs to follow suit.

7/20/2006 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home