MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, July 10, 2006

Uh-Oh, Momma's Reading My Blog Now!

I have a brand new reader here at the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog and I quite literally wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. Allow me to distinct pleasure of introducing to you the "other" woman in my life besides my beautiful bride Christine who I love and adore for so many reasons, Judiann -- aka MY MOMMA! Hey mom, look I'm blogging with no hands. :D Actually BOTH hands are needed to blog.

Momma officially became a member of the ever-expanding World Wide Web over the weekend and decided to see what her middle child and youngest son was up to with this blog thingy of his. As if blogging itself wasn't an enormous challenge to remain interesting and relevant for all of you wonderful readers, now I've got to make sure my own mother would approve. LOL! Just kidding, mom. There's nothing I wouldn't say to you that I talk about at my blog. As you know, I've always been one WIDE OPEN BOOK when it comes to sharing about life, which is sometimes good, sometimes bad I guess.

Regular readers at my blog may recall that my momma has lost 120 pounds after having gastric bypass surgery in December 2003 and has kept it off ever since. CONGRATULATIONS, Mom! I am so proud of what you have been able to accomplish after a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and always feeling trapped by the cage of obesity. NOT ANYMORE! You go girl!

When she hopped on my blog for the first time, mom said it was amazing to read all of the articles I write. When she called me on my cell phone this morning, she had the coolest thing to say about my blog that I took as a very high compliment:

"I felt like I was sitting down talking with my own son about his life," she said.

WOO HOO, even my mom "gets" what I try to do with my columns at my blog. For someone as "green" about the Internet as my momma, I was so glad to hear her make that comment because it has always been my goal to communicate ideas that are easily understandable by the majority of people while also keeping it relevant on a personal level like I am talking directly to you and about your situation. From the sound of my mom's comments, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I responded back to her by saying, "I try to be real at my blog because there are real people who are hurting and looking for answers about their weight problem. That's my ultimate desire -- to reach the people who need to hear what I have to say."

Despite all the constant negativity and media reports that low-carb has gone away and we've moved on from this passing "fad," somebody apparently forgot to tell all of YOU about that! Even in the midst of low-carb products going away and diminishing desire by the major media to even talk about livin' la vida low-carb anymore (and defintely not in a positive light!), this blog is STILL setting traffic records out the wazoo (that's a lot, by the way!).

June 2006 was my highest month ever for pageviews at 55,000 and July is already on pace to shatter that record number...AGAIN! I can remember it wasn't very long ago that I got excited when I had 300 pageviews in a day. Now, there are 300 pageviews before I wake up in the morning and the total number of pageviews by the end of the day is closer to 2,000 and keeps on growing. WOWsers!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of you who faithfully support what I am doing at the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog. It is my privilege to write articles that you find useful in your own life or may help others that you know deal with a particular topic I have discussed. Nothing gives me more joy or satisfaction than to hear stories about how your life has been impacted by something I have written about at my blog. That NEVER gets old, so don't stop sharing. :)

In fact, since my momma is reading my blog now (HI MOM!), I would like to ask you to feel free to share any comments you may have about how the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog has impacted your life in ANY way. Even if you just want to say that you are a regular reader, that would be fine. But I think it would be neato mosquito for my momma to visually see all of the people who are being touched by what I do.

Could you all do that for me? I'm not asking for anything fancy schmancy, just a quick blurb about why you keep coming back here reading what this wild and crazy man who lost 180 pounds on the low-carb lifestyle has to say about life. How about it? It's for momma, so it's definitely a worthy cause and won't cost you a single dime. It'll only take 30 seconds of your time max!

Whether anybody leaves any comments at this post or not, momma, I really do feel like I've helped a lot of people by the literally thousands of e-mails I have answered in just a little over a year writing at my blog. If I had known there would be such an incredible connection with people through this blogging format, then I would have lost weight and started doing it a long time ago. Oh well, better late than never, right?

WELCOME TO THE BLOGOSPHERE, MOMMA! Here's hoping you'll keep coming back for as long as the good Lord keeps giving me the strength and stamina to type, type, type away at my keyboard every last thought that comes into my head about diet, health, and most of all life. I love you and THANK YOU for all those years you put up with me as a kid. YOU ARE THE GREATEST MOM ON THE PLANET and I wouldn't trade you for anybody in the whole widey-widey world. :D

Okay, enough of that mushy stuff. I'm not begging, but pleeeaassssse leave your comments below (okay, I AM begging! But it's for my momma, so help a guy out, will ya?!)...pretty please with Splenda on top...

3 Comments:

Blogger TESS said...

Welcome to the blog Jimmy's mama! I have lost 140 lbs and I keep motivated by reading what Jimmy has to say every day. I may not always agree but it is never ever boring and contains a lot of information one can't always find anywhere else!

7/11/2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You just have so much good info. on low-carb, Jimmy, and have lost so much weight, and KEPT IT OFF! You're in inspiration! I read here almost every day, except on weekends when my dial-up connection at home is too slow.

7/12/2006 1:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya--Jimmy's mama--from one fellow GBP to another--240lbs gone---and holding steady due to my LC woe---congrats on your weight loss!!!

7/12/2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home