Tuesday, August 22, 2006

No Weight Loss In Week 3 of '30-In-30'?

Be sure to check out my Week 3 results in the "30-In-30" Low-Carb Weight Loss Challenge. After losing four pounds in Week 1 and another pound in Week 2, this week was a push.

Am I moping around sad and depressed because a little machine called a scale didn't tell me I lost any weight this week? Not hardly. In fact, it motivates me that much more to keep doing this with everything I've got to be the success that I KNOW I will be.

Nothing is gonna keep Jimmy Moore from reaching his weight loss goals and I am STILL ahead of schedule with 5 pounds lost in the first three weeks. One pound a week for 30 weeks. I'm not worried in the least and will pay especially close attention to both my diet and exercise this week to make sure I am maximizing my weight loss.

Check out the "30-In-30" blog for more about this exciting and motivating low-carb challenge that everybody's talking about. There are some amazing weight loss stories unfolding there as well as questions and concerns from real people who are on the low-carb lifestyle. Drop in to comment and encourage someone taking this low-carb journey TODAY! THANK YOU!!!


Blogger Rob said...

Hey Jimmy,

What's those carb counts been like the last week? I noticed you gained and then lost again. If you stuck with the plan as you say I suggest cutting down the carbs and processed low-carb products. I know it's against Atkins dogma, but I would be honest and not account for the "net" carbs and look at the carb total straight up. I bet your true carb number is close to 100g if not more.

I believe that as little as 20g of carbs can promote weight gain among certain people. That's why the last few pounds are the hardest because they're eating just enough carbs to gain weight.

The Zero Carb Daily

8/22/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I'm right at 40g net carbs. If the weight loss is another push next week, I may drop even lower. I lost five pounds the first two weeks eating the same way, so I'm not overly concerned. My weight fluctuates like this and has been for about a year now. THANKS for your thoughts, Rob!

8/22/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger BillyHW said...

I've recently hit my first plateau the last few weeks after losing 30 lbs since April (with only the last month and a half on Atkins).

It's a bit confusing and mildly frustrating. But I have a strong feeling I'll break through it this week.

8/23/2006 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home