MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sugar-Free Chocolate-Covered Blueberries Make The Best Low-Carb 'Raisinets'

Several of my readers have written to me lately about the amazing combination that blueberries and chocolate make. It's almost like this dirty little secret those of us who are livin' la vida low-carb have over all those people who keep stuffing their mouths with high-sugar, high-carb processed foods that are destroying their health.

After telling you about the benefits of eating blueberries recently, it's time for you to try them dipped in your favorite sugar-free, low-carb chocolate. I've had them with ChocoPerfection, Eat Well Be Well, and Lean-Up bars and they all make for an excellent "Raisinets" substitute.



Did you like enjoy eating "Raisinets" at the movie theater growing up? I wasn't much of a popcorn fan, but I LOVED eating "Raisinets" as a kid. Mmm mmm, they were so good! But now raisins and sugary chocolate don't go so well with my low-carb lifestyle, so I have had to do without.

But now you will bring back that familiar taste with chocolate-covered blueberries. I sorta stumbled on this by accident when some frozen blueberries dropped into some melted dark chocolate as I had on hand for a recipe. When I put the chocolate-covered blueberry in my mouth, I thought I had died and gone to low-carb heaven. WOWsers, this is some good stuff!

While I enjoy using frozen blueberries since they are easy to dip into melted chocolate and eat right away, one of my faithful readers sent me his favorite recipe for making chocolate-covered blueberries. Here it is:

CHOCOLATE-COVERED BLUEBERRIES or LOW-CARB 'RAISINETS'

1 low-carb chocolate bar of your choice
1/2 cup blueberries


For each treat, form a bowl out of a 10-inch piece of aluminum foil (I use Reynolds Release foil) by placing it into a soup bowl. Fill the aluminum bowl with the blueberries.

In another microwave-safe soup bowl, break up the chocolate. Microwave the chocolate for ten to fifteen seconds and attempt to stir. Repeat until the chocolate is just melted, but be very careful not to overheat the chocolate.

Drizzle the chocolate over the blueberries, attempting to get a bit of chocolate on every blueberry. There might not be enough chocolate to completely coat the blueberries, and that is fine.

Place the aluminum bowl in the freezer for ten minutes to firm up the chocolate, and then serve.

That's it! Isn't that simple?! If you have not had the pleasure of eating chocolate-covered blueberries yet, then make this a weekend treat for you and your family. I assure you that you will NOT be disappointed. Yummy!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This weekend I'll be having low-carb ice cream with blueberries and sugar free Hershey's chocolate syrup. Yum!

8/24/2006 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home