MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Another Week's Worth Of My Low-Carb Menu

After the tremendous feedback I received from posting a week's worth of my actual menu from when I lost 6 1/2 pounds on Regina Wilshire's omega-focused low-carb plan, I decided that perhaps I should post another week's worth of my low-carb menu for you.

I did lost another 3 pounds last week for a total of 9.5 pounds lost in the first two weeks on this "tweak" of my low-carb lifestyle. I haven't lost this much weight over two weeks since the early days of my original 180-pound low-carb weight loss in 2004.

Okay, so what about this past week? Here's the menu of what I ate.

First of all, my supplement intake did NOT change at all:

3 teaspoons of liquid multivitamin (no iron)
1 brick men's multivitamin (no iron)
200mg Co Q-10
200mcg Chromium Picolinate
250mg Acetyl L-Carnitine
1 brick B Complex Vitamins
6 tablets Shaklee Super Calcium Magnesium Plus
2 caplets Fibercon
2 softgels 1000mg each Flax Oil
2 softgels 1000mg each Fish Oil Concentrate


I again drank about a gallon and a half of water daily along with Splenda-sweetened soft drinks. During this new omega diet I have strictly refused to drink anything that contains aspartame in it at all. Splenda only!

Here is my second week's menu and exercise routine:

MONDAY
8:00AM - Atkins Shake
8:30AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
4:15PM - 1 cup spinach greens/cheese w/Ranch, 8oz steak w/A-1
7:30PM - Sugar-free chocolate pudding w/heavy whipping cream
9:00PM - 2 Tablespoons walnuts, almonds

EXERCISE: 45 minutes elliptical

TUESDAY
8:15AM - Atkins Shake
10:45AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
1:15PM - 1 cup of almonds and walnuts
3:00PM - La Tortilla wrap w/turkey, cheese, mayo
8:15PM - Sugar-free chocolate pudding w/heavy whipping cream

EXERCISE: 45 minutes elliptical

WEDNESDAY
8:30AM - Atkins Shake
10:45AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
1:15PM - 1 cup of almonds and walnuts
3:00PM - La Tortilla wrap w/turkey, cheese, mayo
5:30PM - 5 eggs with cheese
9:00PM - Sugar-free raspberry pudding w/heavy whipping cream

EXERCISE: 40 minutes elliptical

THURSDAY
9:30AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
1:00PM - La Tortilla wrap w/turkey, cheese, mayo/raspberry pudding
3:15PM - 1 cup of almonds and walnuts
5:45PM - 1 cup spinach greens w/Ranch, 8oz steak w/A-1
7:45PM - Atkins Shake

EXERCISE: 30 minutes elliptical

FRIDAY
7:30AM - Atkins Shake
9:30AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
12:15PM - 2 hamburger patties with cheese, 1 hot dog, tomatoes, pickles, mayo, 1 1/2 cups salad greens w/Ranch dressing
6:45PM - 8oz grilled salmon, 2 cups salad greens w/Ranch

EXERCISE: 45 minutes elliptical

SATURDAY
9:00AM - Atkins Shake
12:00PM - Salad greens w/Ranch, 4 eggs, 3 sausage patties, 1 smoked sausage
8:15PM - 2 grilled chicken strips w/cheese, 1 cup spinach leaves w/Ranch

EXERCISE: 40 minutes elliptical

SUNDAY
9:30AM - Atkins Shake
3:30PM - 8oz steak w/A-1, 1/2lb turkey breast, 2 cups spinach leaves with eggs, cheese, sunflower seeds, pepperoni, Ranch dressing, 1/2 cup cantaloupe w/whipped cream

EXERCISE: None

As you can see, there were some changes from my previous week's menu. There were days when I had special occasions and events where I simply had to choose from the foods that were available to me. When that happens, you adjust your eating schedule to fit with those times.

You may also notice that I had some huge gaps between meals and even survived on just one meal like I did on Sunday. I'm trying to listen more to my body to see if I really need to eat or not. If I'm satisfied on the fat and protein I am consuming, then why do I need to eat? The answer is I don't, so I won't. This menu resulted in a 3-pound weight loss for me, so I am pleased.

I definitely increased my calories this week and my vegetable consumption as well. I added back a few more low-carb dessert options that I enjoy and increased my nut and egg intake substantially.

Questions or comments anyone?

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Hi Jimmy,

We love La Tortilla low carb wraps! But we have trouble finding them in the US. Where do you get them, or do you order directly?

We also enjoy the Trader Joe's low carb tortillas. No transfats, low carb, 50 cals, and very yummy.

I'm also a huge fan of the Subway Atkins wraps. Those are so satisfying, a great meal on the run.

a

9/13/2006 8:04 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey April,

I'm pretty lucky, I can get La Tortilla wraps at my local grocery store (I think they carry it JUST for me!), but you can also get them online from low-carb retailers like CarbSmart.com.

I also enjoy the Subway wraps which used to be called Atkins wraps before the bankruptcy.

THANKS for writing!

Jimmy

9/13/2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Rob,

I'm eating mostly sirloins and steakhouse strips. I do enjoy a good medium prime rib from time to time as well. I'm not too hip on T-bone steaks, though.

9/13/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I ran out and they're hard to find ever since that magazine article about them. I went to an Asian market last night and they say, "No more shirataki for now...come back next month." But, trust me, I LOVE SHIRATAKI!!!

9/18/2006 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home