Saturday, September 30, 2006

Kimkins Low-Carb Plan Instigates Weight Loss

The post that appeared here has been removed for not promoting the low-carb community in the professional manner I have come to expect from myself. THANK YOU!

Read this blog post for more information.

Labels: , , ,


Blogger Invisible Blogger said...

hey jimmy, this is the exact point I was making back in August or whenever it was.... and you jumped all over me, hahaa!
for a lot of people, controlling carbs alone only gets you so far. For me, I dropped 35 pounds and have easily kept them off, and I am very happy about that and how good I feel, etc. However, I am hardly slim and still need to lose at least 20. Whenever I try a Kimkins style approach - which is basicaly just a calorie controlling strategy - I drop the weight amazingly fast.
I just started back on it for real this week, already dropped 3 pounds since Monday...

9/30/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger AnOldHouse said...

my calories around 1000 to 1200

Looks like serious metabolic starvation mode to me!

Yes, anyone eating this few calories a day is going to lose weight...but only in the short term. Good luck trying to keep that loss going or maintaining a loss for the long term.

Low-carb is NOT an excuse for starving one's self!

Don't eat below BMR!


9/30/2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

I think I know the reader in Question Jimmy.

I think Kimkins is definately an option for people.

And Kimkins doesn't have a maintenance program, so you can maintain anyway you want, even on an Atkins Style maintenance.

It's for lowcarbers that need to speed things up.


10/01/2006 5:12 AM  
Blogger Suzique said...

I'm one of those who has had limited success on regular low-carb plans so I went the Kimkins route seven weeks ago and have lost 27 lbs so far. Feel great! The key for me has been keeping total carbs below 20 (not "net" carbs). I don't get fanatical about fats or calories but average around 1200 calories a day.

10/02/2006 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home