MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Low-Carb Dave Now Appearing On WLTips.com


Look at that sharp dressed stud who's livin' la vida low-carb!

After posting an interview with me at their web site last month, the people at WLTips.com solicited stories from people at every level of weight loss to submit their story to them for possible inclusion on their site, even if they are not finished losing all of their weight yet.

It looks like my friend and fellow Atkins weight loss buddy Dave Koch (aka "Low-Carb Dave") took them up on this opportunity to get his amazing story out there. The 30-year old Melbourne, Australia native began his weight loss journey at 473 pounds and currently weighs 338 pounds after about 14 months of livin' la vida low-carb. He hopes to someday get between 190-220 pounds (and HE WILL!).

WLTips.com conduced a fantastic interview with Dave that I'd like to post a few highlights from:

Why did you choose [the Atkins diet]?

Because in the end, all the other programs were getting harder to do. The bigger I got, the more that insulin and blood sugar was a problem. This is the only program that corrected my blood sugar, and therefore completely killed my hunger. I read a lot about the actual science and it made so much sense to me.
***********************************
What were the most difficult obstacles you had to overcome or are still overcoming?

Well life was so difficult for me prior, so I was living the difficulties. But in terms of implementing the program - it was the dietary mental change in regards to carbohydrates. I was taught that low calorie and low fat was the only way to health. I had to get my mind around the fact that this was not correct. The world I live in is still crazy with junk food as well. We in the western world live amongst people that eat anything and everything. Trying to do any diet in the Western world is very difficult because it's so contrary to our junk food/processed food culture.
***********************************
Do you have any weight loss tips for our readers?

- What you put in your mouth is the most important thing when it comes to weight loss.
- Don't simply look at calories. Look at how the food makes you feel.
- When you are going on to a low carb diet regime, remember that there will be at least 4 weeks of detox.
- Like the drug addict, you are going to go through physical withdrawal symptoms.
- In terms of weight loss - reduce your carbs as much as possible, but also try not to overeat.
- Don't obsess about making mistakes. It's a journey, not a destination.


CLICK HERE to read the complete interview. Dave, I'm so proud of you man. You ARE going to make it to your weight loss and health goals because you have completely changed your mindset 180 degrees in the right direction. Don't you wish the body would catch up to where the mind is? LOL!

Dave was kind enough to list my blog as one of his favorites (TY!) as well as several other excellent resources I have recommended before, including his fellow Australian Ray Kelly's new web site. SO GO CHECK OUT DAVE'S INTERVIEW RIGHT NOW! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

-How do you keep yourself motivated?
I post on online forums and on my blog. Being in touch with people via the Internet is my chief form of motivation and support.

Dave is the epitome of a success story. I read on his website about not needing the airplane extender belt or the space between him and the chair and could feel the renewed life or joy of rediscovery one's true self. The above post is probably one of the most true things I read. Staying accountable and motivated makes the whole thought of falling away almost impossible (like eating pill the Matrix to quote Dave). You can't unring the bell.

Very good tips, Dave!

9/06/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

Wow - Thank Kent!

Thank you Jimmy, for honouring me with another blog post!

I feel so silly sometimes because I'm only half-way there.

It is great to keep accountable as Kent said. You have to put your ass on the line (So to speak).

If I decide to give up - A lot of people are going to know about it, and I would get a flood of emails! LOL

So anyone reading this - start a blog or something, get active on the online forums! Heck it's free support and you meet great people!

Thanks again Jimmy!

Dave

9/07/2006 2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home