MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

UK's Conservative Party Cites Low-Carb Blog For Information On Junk Food Ad Debate


The Conservative Party in Britain set to meet in Bournemouth October 1-4

My educational background is deeply rooted in politics and government from my studies of political science at the University of Tennessee at Martin and of public policy at Regent University. While I take painstaking measures to remain relatively apolitical at my blog, sometimes the topics I discuss lend themselves to political debate sometimes within people of the same ideological ilk.

Such is the case with the topic of junk food marketing to children and whether it is contributing to the obesity problem. This is a hot potato political topic in Great Britain right now and The Conservative Party will be discussing this issue in greater detail at their upcoming conference the first week of October.

Not to bore you with the details of this meeting of the minds within British politics, I couldn't help but notice at this page under the listing of this topic about junk food ads catered to children an interesting source for information AGAINST this proposal to ban them--livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com. WHOA! How'd that happen?! :)

I suppose the following blog posts are what they are referencing:

- Childhood Obesity: Caused By Junk Food Ads Or Parental Irresponsibility?
- Posters Displaying Typical Ingredients In Fast Food Used To Educate Kids
- Childhood Obesity Doesn't Need More Money, But Better Education

WOW, that's pretty cool that they cite this blog for information against pulling junk food ads from television. It's not our right to tell businesses how to market their products, but it is our choice and decision to refuse to buy their products if they are not healthy for us. That's my position and what The Conservative Party in the UK is trying hash out about what they believe.

I sent them an e-mail today thanking them for referencing my blog and to contact me back if they need any other information. What an honor to have my little blog among the sources for information about this important topic of discussion. Small world, isn't it?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home