MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A Week's Worth Of My Actual Low-Carb Menu

One of the funniest questions I get from people who first discover that I'm on the low-carb lifestyle is "What do you eat?" My smart alleck response that is only said in my mind is, "Food, ya idiot!" But I'm much more civilized than that and generally respond with a sampling of what I have eaten for that day.

So, with my 6 1/2 pound weight loss last week on this new twist on low-carb living from Regina Wilshire, people are asking what I did differently to lose so much in one week. As a service to you and to possibly help you get some ideas about what to eat on your low-carb lifestyle, I will list a sample one-week menu that I ate last week to lose the weight.

Before I get into the foods I ate, here are my supplements:

3 teaspoons of liquid multivitamin (no iron)
1 brick men's multivitamin (no iron)
200mg Co Q-10
200mcg Chromium Picolinate
250mg Acetyl L-Carnitine
1 brick B Complex Vitamins
6 tablets Shaklee Super Calcium Magnesium Plus
2 caplets Fibercon
2 softgels 1000mg each Flax Oil
2 softgels 1000mg each Fish Oil Concentrate


As for what I drank, I had liberal amounts of water and Splenda-sweetened soft drinks. The water intake was right around a gallon and a half a day and I averaged about 6-8 cans of diet soda daily as well.

Now, without further wait, here is my menu and exercise routine:

MONDAY
7:45AM - Atkins Shake
10:00AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
1:00PM - La Tortilla wrap with turkey, cheese and mayo
3:00PM - 1/3 cup of almonds and walnuts
5:30PM - 8oz steak w/A-1, 1/3 cup spinach leaves w/avocado oil
8:30PM - Heavy whipping cream w/DaVinci Syrup

EXERCISE: 35 minutes walking

TUESDAY
7:45AM - Atkins Shake
10:45AM - 3 eggs, salad greens w/Ranch, 2 tbsps walnuts
1:00PM - La Tortilla wrap w/turkey, ham, roast beef, cheese, mayo
3:00PM - 1/2 cup of almonds and walnuts
5:45PM - 8oz steak w/A-1, 1/3 cup spinach leaves w/avocado oil
8:15PM - Heavy whipping cream w/DaVinci Syrup

EXERCISE: 30 minutes elliptical

WEDNESDAY
7:45AM - Atkins Shake
9:45AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
12:15PM - La Tortilla wrap w/roast beef, ham, cheese, mayo
3:00PM - 2/3 cup of almonds and walnuts
5:30PM - Grilled chicken w/cheese, 3/4 cup spinach leaves, Ranch
9:00PM - Heavy whipping cream w/DaVinci Syrup

EXERCISE: 30 minutes elliptical

THURSDAY
8:45AM - Atkins Shake
9:30AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
2:00PM - 10oz steak w/A-1, 6oz BBQ no sauce, salad greens with eggs, cheese, sunflower seeds, pepperoni, Ranch, 1 bite of sugar-free pudding and 1 swallow of Coca-Cola (I accidentally sipped my wife's drink! UGH!)

EXERCISE: 30 minutes elliptical, 45 minutes volleyball

FRIDAY
9:30AM - Atkins Shake
10:45AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
1:00PM - 1/4 cup of almonds and walnuts
3:00PM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
9:00PM - 8oz steak w/A-1, 3 eggs, salad greens w/Ranch

EXERCISE: 45 minutes elliptical

SATURDAY
9:30AM - Atkins Shake
11:15AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
3:30PM - Salad greens w/Ranch, 3 eggs, 3 sausage patties, 1 smoked sausage
8:15PM - Heavy whipping cream w/DaVinci Syrup

EXERCISE: 50 minutes elliptical

SUNDAY
6:30AM - Atkins Shake
8:30AM - 4 eggs with cheese
12:00PM - 3 eggs, salad w/Ranch, 8oz steak w/A-1
8:15PM - 4 organic eggs with cheese

EXERCISE: 45 minutes elliptical

Well, whaddya think? Isn't this doable? I think it's AWESOME!

9-6-06 UPDATE: One of my regular readers was appreciative that I posted my menu from this past week online and had a few excellent questions for me:

“Jimmy, thanks for posting your menus. How different is this week’s menus different from the previous weeks?"

To be honest, not a whole lot.

"How specifically did you incorporate Regina’s tweaks aside from organic eggs and fish oil?”

There were some specific changes I made, including CUTTING OUT ALL ASPARTAME AND MALTITOL products (I still had Splenda-based ones, though!), switched to eating SOME organic eggs and meats, drinking ONE Atkins shake a day, and including those supplements that Regina recommended I start taking. Other than that, the rest is what I've been doing.

Anyone else have any questions?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I knew I'd hear from you on this IB. But not so fast with your calorie theory again. Check this out:

My average daily calorie consumption this past week has been 2350.

According to my height of 6'3" and weight of 227.5, my basal metabolic rate is about 2100 calories daily for basic living activities.

When you include my exercise, that's another 650 calories daily that my body needs to maintain my weight for a grand total of 2,750 calories.

Still following me on this? It's about to get good.

According to calorie counters with their theory of "calories in, calories out," I should have only lost 0.8 of a pound last week because of my calorie deficit.

If I was subscribing to the calorie deficit argument, then I would have needed a whopping 3,000 calorie difference between the calories I ate and the energy (calories) I expended. That didn't happen, IB.

You can't claim it's water because I've been back on low-carb for over a month!

Can you or anyone else explain how my weight dropped so quickly with these new changes that clearly are NOT low-calorie?

9/06/2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Let me know when you get that blog up, IB! I'll see if we can't get a little traffic coming your direction. :)

9/06/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those exercise machines are extremely unreliable on calories burned. I can get a huge number on the machine, then plug the exercise into FitDay and get a much smaller (and probably more accurate number). I doubt a half hour on the eliptical will burn 650 calories, even at your height and weight. You are probably WAY overestimating your exercise calories.

9/06/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um...where are the veggies? Some days you don't eat any, other days you have some "salad greens." If vegetables consumption doubles on low-carb, then where are they? Seriously, are you even getting the minimum 10-15g of veggie carbs recommended for Induction, never mind the later phases? What you are doing here looks closer to Meat & Egg than Atkins.

9/07/2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I knew I'd be hearing from you, Newbirth, because I saw one of your readers address this in your most recent post about the Atkins diet.

You know better than to say I'm doing the "meat and eggs" version of Atkins. If you go back and look at my meals, I do include vegetables in each daily menu as well as healthy nuts, an Atkins shake as well as healthy organic and omega-rich eggs and meats.

It was my first week on this new version of low-carb that Regina asked me to try, so give me some slack for trying to get used to it first. I'm happily going to add more and more vegetables (especially spinach leaves which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!) in the coming weeks as my body adjusts to the introduction of more omega-3's.

THANKS for your concern, but that's not a biggie for me. It's really not and you certainly can't deny the results have been absolutely fabulous.

I appreciate your comments and welcome any other feedback or questions from people about my menu.

Take care!

Jimmy

9/07/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Porro BLOG said...

Well here is a litle bit on my personal experience.

On may 31 2006 i went to the cardiologist just to find out that i have hypertension and other fiding (im a medical doctor also)i was weighting 239 pounds, i you cant feel how bad i used to feel with that amount of weight.
I start low carb the same day, i not as organize has the history on here but i make sure to eat everything low carb thats include all the meat ( i go to all you can eat meat rest), quit regular sodas but start using diets ones(check that i dont care about types of diets sugars), running 30 minutes a day (for a month i should start over) in summary i havent stop eating, my lifestyle of fancy food from those medical meeting ect remains the same (check that fine chesse and procioutto hams does not contains carbohydrate and fine wines only contains a couple of net carbs of course this not good for my high blood presure), by today september 8 2006 im currently 204 pounds my blood presure have drop a lot of course meds helps in here and im a role model in my work in losing weigh fast.
This diets can make you loose fast faster than any other diets you dont need pills all you need to do is EAT WOW.

any comments rporromd@gmail.com

9/08/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for sharing your experience on livin' la vida low-carb, Richard! CONGRATULATIONS and feel free to comment anytime. THANKS!

9/08/2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Kent said...

How is the fact that nut proteins are allergens in some individuals indicate they are toxic to all individuals? If the same logic was applied to other allergens, everyone shouldn't be eating eggs, fish, dairy, or gluten. Should we stop eating eggs and fish as well?

9/10/2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope I'm not too late to get a response. I'm familiar with DaVinci syrups--cinnamon and coconut are my personal favorites, but how are you using the heavy whipping cream and syrup as a dessert? Do you whip the cream and then add the syrup, or do you just drink it like a milkshake?

9/14/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Excellent question, Holly! You should be able to whip the heavy whipping cream with the DaVinci syrup of your choice enough to make it into a thick dessert you can eat with a spoon. Of course, you COULD drink it if you want, but I spoon mine. GREAT question!

9/14/2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger Shana K said...

What type of sausage is everyone eating especially smoked sausage? All of the ones that I have found are high in corn syrup, dextrose or just sugar! What brands will not stop me from loosing weight? I have been near tears lately because I have not been loosing weight.

9/24/2007 9:26 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Read your labels, Shana. Look for ones that don't contain the hidden sugars...they're out there. Ideally, you shouldn't have to count sausage in your carb counts, so keep reading those labels until you find a brand that has zero carbs. They're out there. THANKS for your comment!

9/24/2007 9:35 PM  
Blogger i2mbored said...

I started three weeks ago (tried before for a month a few years ago). I'm barely reading labels just snooping around internet. Lots of meat, salads, green vegetables, coldcuts rolled with cheese. Don't seem hungry for snacks but some macadamian nuts work when I am. A few carbs I allow my self, flavored cream in my coffee 12 carbs in A.M. Cottage cheese a few carbs, heavy on the tomatoes on salads. Light Ketchup with a buger patty or hotdog.
Results
Last time Avg. 1 pound per day.
This time Ave. 1 pound per day.
It works, can be tough to stick to but works.

8/08/2008 1:00 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS i2mbored! Come check out all of my menus since December 2007 at my menus blog.

8/08/2008 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home