After my delightful interview with Mary Jo Kringas of ChocoPerfection sugar-free/low-carb chocolate bar fame yesterday, she sent me a recipe about how to make a classic treat most of us enjoyed as kids using the healthy goodness of ChocoPerfection bars--with my favorite dark chocolate flavor no less!
This recipe is SUPER simple to make but may be just the cure you need when you are in the mood for chocolate and crunch at the same time! I truly hope you appreciate this almond bark recipe from Mary Jo and make up a big batch for your upcoming holiday parties. These are GUARANTEED to be a hit! But you'll want to try them for yourself first. ENJOY!
CHOCOPERFECTION ALMOND BARK
12 bars dark ChocoPerfection bars
2 cups raw almonds (or more if you REALLY love almonds)
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2) Cover a cookie sheet with a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil.
3) Place the almonds on the cookie sheet and mix them around by hand in the olive oil. Spread them out to one layer and put in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
4) Remove the almonds from the oven.
5) Unwrap the ChocoPerfection bars and lay them on a large (non-coated) skillet. Put the skillet on an oven burner on very low heat. Using a heat-proof spatula, melt the bars as you continue to mix and scrape the skillet, creating melted ChocoPerfection (it is very tempting to eat big spoonfuls at this point, but resist the urge!).
6) When the ChocoPerfection is melted, remove the skillet from the heat, and mix in the roasted almonds.
7) Spread the mixture back on the cookie sheet that is covered with the foil and any remnants of the roasted almonds and oil.
8) Cool at room temperature for 1 hour and then put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
9) When it has hardened, break the ChocoPerfection Almond Bark into pieces and serve to your hungry guests (and yourself!).
You can order ChocoPerfection bars from Low-Carb Specialities by visiting ChocoPerfection.com.