This recipe will surely warm you up right when it gets cold at night
WOOOOOOWEEEEEE! Are you ready to melt the ice off of your body when the weather gets cold? Then you will DEFINITELY want to feast your eyes on this spicy recipe featuring bell peppers and cilantro in pancakes. I know, it sounds like it wouldn't taste very good, but that is until you DO actually try them! Like I said, WOOOOOWEEEEEE! Hot, hot, hot!!!
Top these pancakes off with some healthy omega-3 rich smoked salmon and delicious full-fat sour cream and you have the makings of a healthy and good for your body snack that also makes an excellent treat for those upcoming holiday parties and football games. Just be sure to keep lots of water on hand when you serve this fire-hot dish! :-O
LOW-CARB RED-PEPPER PANCAKES WITH SMOKED SALMON
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup CarbQuik Baking Mix
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup diced red pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sour cream
6 ounces smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
1. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, bake mix, cornmeal, salt, cayenne and cream until you create a smooth batter.
2. In a separate small bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. Mix in red pepper and cilantro.
3. Put a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and brush with butter. For each pancake, use 1 tablespoon of the batter mix and spread with the back of the spoon. Make four pancakes at a time.
4. Cook pancakes 1 minute until bubbles appear on surface; flip and cook about 30 seconds more. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Top each pancake with a small dollop of sour cream and a pre-cooked salmon strip.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake/Cook time: 20 minutes
Net Carbs: 3g