Nothing beats some fresh, homemade low-carb chocolate frosting
We all did it when we were kids, didn't we? Hey Mom, can I lick the frosting bowl when you're done with the cake? The thrill of taking a spoon, a spreading knife, heck, even your fingers to get every last little bit of frosting out of the mixing bowl is something that sticks with me to this day.
Unfortunately, that wasn't the only thing that stuck with me from my childhood. Those poor eating habits caught up to me in adulthood and led me down the path to morbid obesity. By the grace of God I was able to overcome that in my own life, but does that mean I can't lick the bowl of frosting anymore. Not a chance with a low-carb recipe like this one!
Everything you love about the taste of a buttery chocolate frosting is in this recipe, including the rich, deep chocolate flavor you crave without all the sugar and carbs that you don't. If you think those little white cans of frosting were delicious, then you ain't tried nothing yet. This stuff's got 'em beat by a mile! ENJOY and savor the goodness!
LOW-CARB CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
2 ounces Ghiradelli unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
6 packets Splenda
1 tablespoon Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon Singing Dog vanilla extract
1. Melt the chocolate on the stovetop over low heat and pour into mixing bowl.
2. In a large mixing bowl, gradually whisk the heavy cream into melted chocolate.
3. With an electric mixer on medium speed, slowly add in the butter, Splenda, cocoa powder, and chocolate and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture.
4. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
5. Serve on your favorite low-carb cake or eat by itself! Mmmmm!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Net Carbs: 2g