MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Was Awesome For Low-Carb, But 2007 Is The Comeback Year

It's good to reflect and remember at the end of the year on the dawn of a new year. Personal reflection on the previous twelve months keeps you grounded and causes you to think about how your life has changed over that period of time.

Last year at this exact same time, I was looking back on 2005 with great fondness about the quick success of my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog reaching 20,000 pageviews per month and the release of my debut book about my weight loss. Little did I know that I was merely scratching the surface of what was to come.

Building on the success of 2005, the traffic at my low-carb blog in a year when low-carb was supposed to be as dead as a doornail continued to soar higher and higher than I could have ever imagined. Swelling to 30,000 pageviews in January, 50,000 in April, over 66,000 in August, and nearly 100,000 in September, I am now averaging close to FIVE TIMES the number of monthly readers that what I was one year ago today and there are no signs that this trend is going to end anytime soon.

The positive message of livin' la vida low-carb is attracting literally tens of thousands of brand new readers each month which I am so grateful for. This only motivates me to continue striving to provide the best content than I can to earn your trust and faithfulness. I cannot THANK YOU enough for your support of this blog and my mission to encourage and educate people about the low-carb lifestyle.

What a thrill it was to be named by FOXNews.com as one of the top health bloggers on the Internet today. WOW! I never in a million years would have thought I would be writing articles about diet and health that people would actually WANT to read. But when you lose as much weight as I did, I suppose people want to hear how you did it so they can help themselves, too.

Speaking of my weight loss success, that book I wrote entitled Livin' La Vida Low-Carb: My Journey From Flabby Fat To Sensationally Skinny In One Year has now sold in excess of 2,000 copies which isn't bad considering I self-published it. I'm itching to write another book soon which may include a collection of my best blog posts since beginning this blog. With almost 1500 columns to choose from, that'll be hard to whittle it down to less than 100. But it will be a way to celebrate when I hit one million pageviews sometime in early 2007. WOO HOO!

I have several other projects in mind for 2007, including collaborating on a low-carb cookbook, recording my book as an audiobook with updated and revised chapters, and several other ideas I'm still thinking about right now. Let's just say I won't be sitting idly by, I will be keeping quite busy.

In 2006, I started writing for CarbWire.com in addition to the other sites I was already a part of, including my blog, LowCarbNewsline.com and CommonVoice.com. In August I began my "30-In-30" Low-Carb Weight Loss Challenge to lose 30 pounds in 30 weeks and urging others to join in. This has been more successful than I could have ever imagined and has helped me get my weight back down when it started to creep up.

Additionally, I created two new links blogs late in the year: "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Links" and "The Quintessential Diabetes Resource Links". Then in October, I was given the opportunity to launch my own podcast show called "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore."

As if all of this doesn't keep me busy enough (sleep? what's that?!), I am set to begin writing as the low-carb contributor at Charles Platkin's DietDetective.com web site, which averages over 100,000 monthly pageviews, early in 2007.

There's so much more I could say about the year 2006, but I really don't want to bore you with statistics, highlights, and memories. As we begin a new year in 2007, I am overjoyed with the anticipation that this really is going to be the comeback year for livin' la vida low-carb. All indications are that low-carb will be back on the map again as new scientific research will continue to be released proving the efficacy of this healthy lifestyle change (something researcher Dr. Eric Westman from Duke University believes will happen sooner than later!).

When the good news about low-carb releases, you KNOW I'll be there to report on it even if nobody else in the media does. We live at a strange time in the history of the world with tens of millions of people suffering from such physical problems as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and so much more. The work we are doing to help educate people about how they can defeat each and every one of these ailments will not be in vain as long as we always remember we have the truth on our side.

While most people will be thinking about weight loss in the coming weeks, we know that livin' la vida low-carb is so much more than that. It's about improving lives through better health that comes from low-carb living. You're not hearing people talk about how much better off we are because of the low-fat diets because the fact is our health is MUCH worse than it has ever been. We must lay the responsibility for this directly at the feet of those who advocate this failed nutritional approach.

That's why the door is wide open in 2007, as Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades told me in an exclusive interview earlier this year, for low-carb to be stronger than it has ever been. The evidence supporting this lifestyle will be impossible to ignore and the media along with the so-called health "experts" (like low-fat supporter Dr. Dean Ornish who said in my interview with him that the burden of proof falls on low-carbers to demonstrate the studies) will be hard-pressed to keep sweeping the science underneath the proverbial rug. It's time to clean the house!

It's not a matter of if, but when. I expect it will reach the point of hysteria in the media when Gary Taubes releases his long-awaited A Big Fat Lie: What If Fat Doesn't Make You Fat? book. Let the weeping and gnashing of teeth begin, I can't wait!

So, we bid a fond farewell to the year 2006 which was an awesome year for low-carb. But 2007 is gonna be even better! Get ready, get set, because the new year is coming! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home