MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cheesy Low-Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza


Chicken, bacon, Ranch dressing, and cheese--the BEST low-carb pizza!

I love shopping at the grocery store and finding some of my favorite products ON SALE! WOO HOO! Yeah, I'm a tightwad with my money and I pinch pennies every chance that I can. I've always been that way since I was a child and it drives my wife Christine crazy. She knows if I load up on a food item that it MUST have been on sale. What can I say, I like a good bargain!


Sargento makes some outstanding cheeses for your low-carb lifestyle

One such bargain I found recently was on one of my favorite brands of cheese in the whole world--Sargento! Featuring the image and signature of second generation owner Lou Gentine on the back of the packaging, these cheeses from Plymouth, Wisconsin are some of the best around.

So, when my favorite grocery store discounted the Sargento cheeses at an unbelievable 10 for $10 (they usually cost more than TWICE that much at regular price!), I HAD to stock up on them since these cheeses are naturally low in carbs (1g) and loaded with calcium (200mg) and protein (7g) in each 1/4 cup serving! WOW!


Look what I found on the back side of this cheese packaging

I noticed there were some recipes on some of the Sargento cheeses that I bought, so I checked 'em out. Lo and behold, I found one that didn't need much tweaking at all to make it low-carb because it already includes many excellent low-carb ingredients such as chicken, Ranch dressing, bacon, onions, and, of course, CHEESE!

So with a finagling of the pizza crust ingredient which I have substituted with a low-carb version from Dixie Diner, here's that awesome Sargento's recipe that you will want to make YOUR family for dinner sometime soon:

CHEESY LOW-CARB CHICKEN BACON RANCH PIZZA

2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
2/3 cup Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (tastes the best!)
1 package Dixie Carb Counters Pizza Crust Mix
6 slices crispy-cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup onions
3 cups Sargento Pizza Double Cheese Shredded Cheese


1. Prepare pizza crust according to packaging and preheat oven to 400F.

2. Combine chicken and 1/3 cup Ranch dressing in medium bowl. Mix well.

3. Spread remaining 1/3 cup Ranch dressing over pizza crust.

4. Spoon chicken mixture over crust; top with bacon, onion, and cheese.

5. Place on baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.

6. Cut into wedges and serve piping hot! ENJOY!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home