MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Forget Waldo, Where's 'Low-Carb Dave'?


The beloved "Low-Carb Dave" has suddenly disappeared

A few weeks ago I was blogging and one of my most faithful readers suddenly popped into my head--Dave Koch, the 30-year old Australian man who calls himself "Low-Carb Dave." I first introduced him to my readers in this blog post after seeing what a remarkable job he was doing following the Atkins diet.

In fact, I blogged about the 130-pound low-carb weight loss success that "Low-Carb Dave" had experienced as of July 2006 and he still had a lot more to lose at that point. In August, his low-carb blog, along with mine, were featured by CalorieLab as two of the best and WLTips.com tipped their hat to him for his incredible weight loss by featuring his success story in September.

Soon thereafter, I named "Low-Carb Dave" one of my low-carb movers & shakers of 2006 for making such an influence in the world of livin' la vida low-carb. Weight loss was happening, people were being inspired, and hope was being spread to people the world over that low-carb had changed the life of this young man forever.

But then...silence.

Where's "Low-Carb Dave?" In November, I noticed that he had not posted a comment on my blog in a while whereas he has always been a regular commenter. Hmmm, that's strange. In fact, while I was on vacation during Thanksgiving week, I received an e-mail from "Low-Carb Dave" wanting to know if I was okay since I had not blogged in a few days. Of course, he quickly figured out I was on vacation and was taking a few days off from blogging. That's the last I've heard from him.

So, I went to his blog to be greeted by this: "Low Carb Dave Blog Is Closed. Really? What's going on?

It seems our friend has gotten himself a "big promotion at work" which will take away much of his leisure time that he used to invest into blogging and commenting at other blogs.

"I simply won't have the energy or will to blog."

He did say that people shouldn't worry about him getting off his low-carb weight loss plan because he is still committed to "getting there."

"It's a long journey."

In addition to his new job, it does appear "Low-Carb Dave" is also the victim of what many consider blogging burnout. It stopped being fun to him and, thus, he has "lost interest in keeping this thing going."

He hasn't completely disappeared, though. You can still follow "Low-Carb Dave" and his continuing journey towards lasting weight loss and improved health by visiting the AUSLOWCARB forum page. Become a member of the forum and then click on the journals section to see his progress.

Before he shut down the blog, "Low-Carb Dave" said his last goodbye.

"Thank you to all the readers and other bloggers that have supported this blog. It's time for me to move on to other things. Thank you and good night!"

I would like to publicly applaud "Low-Carb Dave" for recognizing the time was right for him to get out rather than try to fake his way through it. It takes a big man (on the inside) to admit he needs to "move on" to something else. THANK YOU for the example you have set because the bar has been raised for others seeking to follow in your footsteps, my friend.

I'm so happy for Dave and congratulate him on his new position at work. You go make us proud, "Low-Carb Dave," and know that you are always welcome to comment here at "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." Don't be a stranger, my friend, and keep on livin' la vida low-carb! God bless you, man!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

Hey thanks Jimmy!

I've thought about a few things that I would like to blog about since, so who knows one day I may re-open the blog.

I've found a way of eating that manages both my pre-diabetic condition and my weight. That fact is not going to change!

Thanks

Dave

P.S. Oh and if you have trouble joining up to my forum (if you want to) please email me about it. dave@auslowcarb.com

12/10/2006 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home