MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

CBS News Quotes My Blog In 'American Idol' Story


Melissa McNamara from CBS News quotes my blog for 'Idol' story

One of the hottest news stories over the past week is quite indicative of the pop culture we now endure in modern times. No, it's not the Iraq war, it's not President Bush's State of the Union address, it's not even whatever Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan are up to. It's American Idol and how Season 6 of the mega-hit show is somehow "meaner" than in past years.

While I'm not one to care a bit in the world about what a television show does to drum up free publicity for itself (which is EXACTLY what Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul have been doing since this season debuted last week!), I will sometimes inject a relevant message in a post about what's happening in the media. That's exactly what I did in this post I wrote from last week asking rhetorically to provoke a little thought, "What If 'American Idol' Judged Weight Loss?"

Well, you never know who's reading what you write and it turns out an executive producer at CBS News named Melissa McNamara saw my comments about the contestants on the show and decided to include them in her regular Blogophile column on Wednesday about what bloggers think about the attitude of the judges so far this season.

I had no idea I was going to be quoted, but here's what McNamara wrote:

But many bloggers question why contestants want to go before the judges — never mind the cameras — if they clearly lack real talent.

"Unfortunately for the vast majority of them, they are either not taking it seriously or are extremely delusional about their talent," Jimmy Moore blogs.


Interestingly, I was the only blogger mentioned in the story by name only without mention of the name of my blog--"Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." Hmmm, I know a lot of people visit here daily, Melissa, but I bet many more would have been intrigued to know the name of my blog like you did for everyone else in the column.

Even still, THANKS for the mention! I'm glad to know you are reading and you are welcome to quote me anytime (with references to the source, of course!). Like I said, this issue about American Idol is all about publicity. Paula Abdul said it herself in one of her drunken interviews last week (just type in "Paula Abdul Drunk" at YouTube and you'll see what I'm talking about!).

It's a fun show to watch early on for the novelty of the wanna-bes, but it's the TALENTED singers that bring people back week after week during the REAL competition when it is narrowed down to 12. I'm looking forward to it!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Here's another YouTube Paula video link that includes more weird behavior.

Paula Abdul

1/24/2007 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home