MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Going To My Grandmother's Funeral

I received a call from my dad early this morning that my dear Memaw Luerene has gone home to be with the Lord. It wasn't totally unexpected considering her age, but we didn't really see it coming. Praise God she knew Him and is safely in His arms today.

Because the funeral will be taking place tomorrow in west Tennessee, I need to hit the road as soon as I can today and spend a couple of days away. It's over 500 miles to get there, so I'll be traveling a lot. Pray for my safety there and back.

Since I won't have any Internet access while I am gone, I will not be able to answer any e-mail or blog until Friday. THANKS for your understanding and I'll see you soon!

4-20-07 UPDATE: I'm back home in South Carolina now after a whirlwind past few days of traveling over 1,000 miles in a rental car to be with my family during this time of our loss. I will write an entire post as a tribute to my Memaw soon, but I'll be getting back into talking about livin' la vida low-carb. THANK YOU so much to all of you who posted comments on this post or sent e-mails to me these past few days expressing condolences. On behalf of the Moore family, we appreciate your loving care and concern. Talk to you soon!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Christin said...

Jimmy - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. God speed and wishing you safe travels. God bless... Christin

4/17/2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Best to you and your family.

Tom

4/17/2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger Robin Bayne said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers and warm thoughts your way.

4/17/2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You and your family our in my prayers Jimmy. Have a safe trip.

4/17/2007 1:06 PM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Jimmy. You are in our prayers. Have a safe trip.

4/17/2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger Brian Cormier said...

Hi Jimmy -- Please accept my deepest condolences on the passing of your grandmother.

4/17/2007 3:11 PM  
Blogger Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

So sorry to hear about your loss!!

4/17/2007 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

4/18/2007 7:50 AM  
Blogger Lolla said...

Hi Jimmy.

So sorry for your loss. Just one of hundreds whose prayers and thoughts are with you.

Lolla

4/18/2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Kimmer said...

Bless you and your family, Jimmy. Our prayers are with you.

4/18/2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Jaded said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss... my prayers are with you and your family.

4/19/2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

We'll be thinking of you, Jimmy. My condolences, and have a safe trip.

4/19/2007 7:12 PM  
Blogger Cutie said...

my condolences to you and your family, jimmy.

4/21/2007 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home