MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Christine's Low-Carb Parmesan Italian Pizza


Leave it to my wife with Italian ancestors to come up with this

Earlier this week I shared with you about some fantastic new low-carb breads from Francis Simun Bakery. These breads inspired both my wife Christine (who you will recall she started low-carb for the first time one month ago and is doing FANTASTIC!) and I to come up with our own special low-carb recipes to enjoy!

My recipe for Chocolate-Covered Low-Carb Bagels was a big hit the other day, but I think what Christine came up with may just surpass it. Using the low-carb tortillas from Francis Simun Bakery, she made that delicious pizza you see at the top of the post. Even without any tomato sauce whatsoever, this pizza looks, smells, and tastes out of this world!

CHRISTINE'S LOW-CARB PARMESAN ITALIAN PIZZA

1 Francis Simun Bakery Low-Carb Tortilla or Pizza Crust (depending on your size preference)
2 Tbsp Zesty Italian Dressing
Parmesan Cheese (to taste)


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Pull frozen tortilla or pizza crust from freezer and place on baking sheet. With a spoon, measure out dressing and spread evenly to coat the entire pizza crust. Sprinkle as much of the Parmesan cheese that you desire for your pizza.

Bake in oven for 20 minutes (the aroma will have you salivating like a savage beast!) and then serve immediately. You won't have trouble doing that, though! :)

Carb counts and servings will vary based on the ingredients, but this gives you a nice low-carb alternative treat to pizza. ENJOY!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kathyj333 said...

I was wondering if your wife also does the low carb diet? And if she's having any success?

6/07/2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Yep, she started low-carb for her health about a month ago. DOING FANTASTIC!

6/08/2007 8:43 AM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

I'm not sure if this is going to last but I'm thinking it may be a permanent part of Ketosis and a permanent part of being totally detoxified from all the carbs and sugars I ate and drank for so long(61 years). I can't even think about eating more than twice a day and often only once a day if I'm busy and if I eat a lot the one day then nothing at all the next day except water. I'm just stuffed. I'm like a lion that is all the way full. "I don't want any more". I have no interest in non-induction foods or drinks at all, although I would enjoy a good blue cheese dressing and a baked potato with a good prime rib occasionally, maybe every couple of months but if I never got any I would be OK. This coming from a guy who drank gallons of sweets a day and tons of carby foods at the same time. The idea of eating meat and eggs and vegetables and wild rice[and]all these sweet liquids and carby foods would have sounded good. To[not]eat and drink all those carby foods would have seemed impossible, maybe to cut back some but my addiction was so great and so long standing that the idea of drinking[only]water and eating[only]meat and eggs and vegetables and wild rice was unthinkable even though I liked these foods a lot. My addiction is broken. Just like I liked and enjoyed and was totally addicted to my cigarettes and caffeine for more than 50 years. My cigarettes and caffeine drinks and foods I loved. I was totally addicted. The same with tobacco. Now you couldn't get me to smoke a cigarette or drink or eat caffeine for anything. I don't like them and I don't want them. 10 years now I have been off from cigarettes and caffeine. Now the carbs and sugar are entering the same realm. I love it because all those things were killing me as well as effecting my mind and emotions. I wouldn't trade being substance free for nothing. Food and water and air and nothing else. That's me. It feels great.

6/08/2007 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home