MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Jimmy's Chocolate-Covered Low-Carb Bagels


Look what I made experimenting with my fave low-carb foods

When I blogged on Sunday about the low-carb breads available from Francis Simun Bakery in Dallas, Texas, I knew there would be a lot of interest from people wanting to try this amazing new product. Quite literally hundreds of you have contacted them so far to place an order or to inquire more about the bread. Yep, it really is low-carb and tastes delicious!

As I promised, my wife Christine and I have each come up with an original recipe using these Francis Simun Bakery breads with low-carb friendly ingredients that will make you want to give it a try for yourself. First up is MY recipe which involves my favorite low-carb dark chocolate bar on the planet--CHOCOPERFECTION!!! I couldn't believe how good this was going to be until I took one bite for myself. WOW, this is incredible for less than 5g net carbs each. ENJOY!

JIMMY'S CHOCOLATE-COVERED LOW-CARB BAGELS

2 Francis Simun Bakery Low-Carb Bagels
1 ChocoPerfection Milk or Dark Chocolate bar
1/4 stick butter


Break up ChocoPerfection bar (I LOVE the dark chocolate best!) in a small microwavable bowl and cut butter on top. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave on high for another 30 seconds and then stir again until smooth. If there are still chunks of chocolate that are unmelted, then microwave for an additional 15 seconds and stir until all the clumps are gone. Set aside to slightly cool.

Microwave frozen or refrigerated bagels for 30-45 seconds on high or until warm. Take one of the bagels and dip in right into the chocolate (leave it in there for a minute to let the chocolate stick to it better). Completely submerge it in the chocolate mixture and even use a spoon to completely cover the bagel with chocolate. Flip the bagel and do the same on the other side until well-covered.

Place on a plate and serve immediately. Repeat with the second bagel and spoon out any excess chocolate drizzling it on top of the bagels. Oh man, this is so incredibly good!

Servings: 2
Net carbs: 4.65g carbs

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when I thought it would never happen....chocolate AND bread - together! Woo Hoo! Thanks, Jimmy! You are my hero! :)

6/06/2007 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um - that is so not Kimkins! wha's up bro?

6/06/2007 2:57 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS CJCBrown! But the last time I checked, this isn't a Kimkins-only blog. It's a general low-carb blog first and foremost. This recipe is perfectly fine for many low-carb dieters with just 5g net carbs.

Sure, it's not good for Kimkins and I made it days before I started on that plan. But that shouldn't prevent other low-carbers from enjoying a delicious low-carb treat, does it?

I think not. THANKS for your comments!

6/06/2007 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Jimmy, I misunderstood. I thought you were changing direction.

6/06/2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

No problem, CJCBrown! Regardless of what direction I personally take with my low-carb journey, you'll still keep getting quality information and encouragement about livin' la vida low-carb. It's a wild world out there, so you can't be left alone!

6/06/2007 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home