MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lost 100 Pounds On Low-Carb Diet, But Weight Loss Blog 'Inspired' Push For Last 50 Pounds

In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, there are people who just go-go-go. I've always been that kind of person and I suppose it defines my work ethic. My dad has been that way his entire life to the extreme. He's always doing something to stay busy. I guess that'll keep him out of trouble. :)

With so many people working their fingers to the bone trying to take care of their family, it can be difficult to try to get a handle on your weight and health. Most people use their busy lifestyle as an excuse for why they can't grab control of their life and take care of themselves. This is so sad to me.

Thankfully there are some who are working themselves hard, but are also doing something about sticking around for as long as God would have them be here on Earth. Such is the case of a gentleman who recently found my blog after losing 100 pounds over the past year.

He had sorta gotten lazy with his eating habits and the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog helped him realize he needed to get serious again to lose that final 50 pounds.

Here's what he wrote to me in that e-mail:

I appreciate all the work you are doing to promote the low-carb lifestyle. I have been livin’ la vida low-carb, as you put it, for about a year now and have lost 100 pounds. I have about 50 more pounds to go to reach my goal.

Since the first of the year, I have been a little wishy-washy in my weight loss journey. I had basically just maintained what I lost last year until I found your blog a little over a month ago and was inspired to really get back in the swing of things. I have done well over the past few weeks and I feel like I am well on my way to reaching my goal!

I also wanted to let you know that I appreciate the fact that you are not ashamed to share your faith on your web site. I am married and have 4 beautiful children. We are also a Christian family. I play the piano at my church and my wife homeschools our children.

In addition to being a husband, dad, musician, and full-time Purchasing Manager, I am also a licensed realtor. Yes, I am “burning the candle at both ends” so my wife can stay home with our kids and teach them in a Godly environment.

I said all that to say this--Had I not started living the low-carb lifestyle, I'm afraid that candle might have already gone out! When I decided to get serious about losing weight and becoming healthy, my blood sugar was in the 400s and my eyesight was declining rapidly.

I realized that if I didn't change my eating habits and lose weight that I might not be around to raise my children and provide for my family. Today, my blood sugar is normal and my eyesight is back to 20/20! Praise the Lord! Thank you so much for your encouragement and support! Here's to our success!


You're gonna get rid of those last 50 pounds and be well on your way to permanent and lasting weight loss success. Why? Because you're livin' la vida low-carb with the strength of the Almighty on your side. :D

It's my pleasure to help share positive encouragement, informative news, and inspirational encouragement with thousands of visitors each and every day right here at my blog. I never take it for granted the great responsibility I have been given to do what I am doing here and I am grateful to all my long-time readers as well as the newbies.

Please feel free to e-mail me anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net if you have a story to share about how this blog has impacted your life. THANK YOU for inviting me into your life even in a small way as we celebrate the invaluable gift of low-carb we have been given.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Dungan said...

Congrats to your reader for his inspiring weight loss and his determination to continue!

And if he's reading, I'd like to say hello as a fellow homeschooler as well! My husband does the same for us so that I can stay home with the children. :0)

7/14/2007 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home