MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, August 19, 2007

You Bet iGot A New iPhone And iMac, Baby!


If you invest in Apple, then you should be lovin' me right about now!

Yes, I love my Apple Macintosh gadgets and computers as I noted in my blog-tag revelations from the other day. I'm a very loyal customer because they have proven again and again that they consistently DELIVER on quality products that fit my business and personal needs.

So when the new iPhone came out a few months back, it wasn't a matter of if but when I would have one. I held off for a bit to see if there were any major glitches or bugs. Seeing none, I decided to plop down the $600 for the 8k version and get the minimum 200 text messages a month plan that they make you purchase for $20 in addition to the packaged plan I had with Cingular before AT&T bought them out earlier this year.

Personally, I don't use that many text messages in a YEAR, so it stinks that they MAKE you purchase a plan with text messages. Of the 200 I have available to use this month, I've sent and received a grand total of SIX! Yippee! But, the bright side is I have an iPhone and get UNLIMITED access to the Internet and e-mail as well as many other cool features.

My favorite features besides accessing the World Wide Web are the built-in camera that takes some of the most stunning photos that rival any digital camera I've ever used, the scrolling phone book which allows you to call or text anyone with the touch of a button, availability of YouTube videos without going online (although the selection is limited from what you would get on your computer), and the weather updates for any city in the entire world.

Needless to say, this thing is utterly amazing and worth every penny I spent on it. It's a great tool for anyone who uses the Internet for business and travels a lot. When I was away in Indiana a couple of weeks ago with ZERO access to the Internet, my iPhone kept me in touch without a glitch.

Getting used to the keyboard which is all digital was a bit tricky at first, but it gets much easier the more you use it. This is the best cell phone I've ever held and I think AT&T is gonna see a HUGE surge of customers when Apple decides to lower the price down a bit.

The iPhone can be cost-prohibitive for most people who can't justify the expense in their budget. But this is a real MUST for anyone who needs to keep track of their e-mails, watch their stocks, get directions using the map feature, mark their calendar with special events, chat with co-workers via text message or phone, and other such activities while away from the office.

I'm addicted to this thing and am lovin' every minute of it!

The other thing I'm diggin' right now is this brand new iMac I'm typing this post with. Compared to that dinosaur iMac I bought about ten years ago, this thing is light years ahead of where I was. It was a long time coming, but I finally got the computer I have been needing for both my personal and professional computer needs.

This thing has EVERYTHING I could ever want in a computer, including a cool built-in camera that I've already had some fun with taking photos using the various tricks and angles available with the PhotoBooth program. Check out a few of them below:




Yes, I know I'm having too much fun, but that's my new iMac, baby! This thing plays DVDs and even lets you record videos which I am thinking about using to post videos to YouTube about livin' la vida low-carb since my buddy Kent Altena stopped doing his wonderful low-carb video series earlier this year.

There's even a built-in microphone for me to record my podcast shows, which you will hear for the first time in Monday's Episode 79 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore." Tune in and see how much better the audio quality is with this iMac compared with what I had previously.

Owning this computer is a dream come true and I'm happy to have both my new iPhone and my iMac! Let me know if you have any specific questions about either system. I'd be happy to respond with my personal experience.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Good Greif! That second one from the top is truly creepy...yet strangely compelling LOL

Jimmy, I'm glad you are enjoying your new toys : )

8/19/2007 9:10 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Yep, had WAY too much fun with those!

8/19/2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

LOL Congratulations, Jimmy, with your new gadget. Nice to see somebody appreciate technology. Does that makes us geeks, lol?

Hey, the picture to the top right, with your tongue sticking out? I'm sure Ornish would love that one to prove the need for "essential carbohydrates", lol!

8/20/2007 6:21 AM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

QuinceaƱera -- A Catholic Mexican-American Tradition when a girl turns 15 and enters womanhood! My granddaughter is Mexican and her Aunt asked me to film this event yesterday. What a privilege! I shot eight hours of film, everything from before to all the ceremonies and the reception and the dance. I got unbelievable footage and with gorgeous sound. Now today and tomorrow and the rest of this week and next I will be setting up my Mac and editing and burning to DVD the whole thing. I'm going to burn everything complete to start with and give them all the raw footage, eight hours, can you imagine. There were somewhere in the neighborhood of three hundred people there, babies to old. Then I am going to edit two or three versions for them. This was an 'on the house' deal because of the family closeness but this would have gone for several thousand if I had contracted it. I may do a little of this along with my documentaries and music videos I will be bringing forward now that I finally got the ball rolling. I have Final Cut Express and G5 on my Power Mac Dually, it's a 2005 that I paid just under $4000 for, it's really an animal. I got to get an editing monitor this harvest which is next month and I'm getting two or three High Definition Camcorders and then Apples newest version of Final Cut Pro, all for about $5000 I love it! So I'll probably have some questions for you before too long. I brought up both Windows PC and Mac side by side so that I can field anything that comes my way. So I know right where your at! Cloud nine and hog heaven combined might come close! You will be my subordinate before we are through!

8/20/2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger S said...

You could probably take advantage of those 200 text messages by using something like Twitter to receive text alerts. Or some other service online (such as news) to send you text alerts about the latest news happenings. At least this way you won't feel like you are completely wasting the text messages.

8/20/2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for the tip, Samantha! :)

8/20/2007 1:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jimmy, you're a child! ;*)

p.s. That's a high compliment from me.

8/20/2007 4:08 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Um, thanks, Gary? :-~

8/20/2007 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha those pictures are hilarious, Jimmy. I take it that your financial picture is doing well once again, since that phone IS expensive. ;)

8/20/2007 8:54 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Business expense, Jeff. Been worth EVERY PENNY, too!

8/20/2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the photos! LOL! What fun.

8/21/2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Your Mac is banging! I'm jealous but I'm not going to let you know. Mine is really a 2004 but I bought in December of 2004 so I call it a 2005. It will be three years old in a few months and lacks all the new features and software that you have not to mention the monitor. So I'm not jealous but I sure wish I had your computer as well as your know-how! I'm coming along nicely though and will knock you out of the water with my video casts(which I know you are making too) but I am singing and dancing and doing stand up in mine.

8/22/2007 7:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I DO own apple stock, and yes, I am lovin' you and your blog, Jimmy :)

LOL! Great blog as always!

9/15/2007 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home