MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six Years After 9/11, I Cannot And Will Not Forget

I couldn't let this day pass by without acknowledging how important it is to recognize what September 11th means to me. It's the defining moment of my lifetime and probably will remain that way just as December 7, 1941 was for the generation of my grandparents (if you didn't know that was the day Pearl Harbor in Hawaii was bombed by Japan that got the United States involved in World War II, then it proves just how important it is to remember these moments in our history!).

My memory of September 11, 2001 is quite vivid as I blogged about in a recent post when I was called by the New York, NY-based "LIVE with Regis & Kelly" television show that day to be a contestant for their trivia contest.

But there would be no show that day as madness and mayhem struck New York, America, and the world. Thinking back on it now, I can remember all day on that Tuesday sitting glued to the television set in a stunned sense of stupor wondering what was happening. It seemed like the entire world was under attack and nobody could stop it.

In case you have forgotten (and hopefully you have not), here's a reminder:



Whenever I see these images, I can't help but feel all the sorrow, anguish, anger, disappointment, and every other emotion imaginable. I'm not normally one who gets overly emotional about anything, but 9/11 changed that. This is something I cannot and WILL NOT ever forget.

It should be mandatory that children who either have little or no memory of that tragic day in our history be told about what evil men tried to do to break the will of our nation at the time and how their desperate attempts didn't work. It didn't hurt us, but rather it strengthened our resolve to defend our freedoms even more.

Regardless of how you feel about what has happened since 9/11, the fact is we are all different now because of the events of that day in New York, Washington, and in Pennsylvania. Anyone who says they are the same today as they were on September 10, 2001 is lying. We all changed whether we realize it or not.

Before I end this blog post, I want to share with you two more videos that will take you back to that Tuesday in September six years ago. I want you to put yourself in the shoes of this dear man pleading with the 911 dispatch operator to help him. You can hear him talking about his young children and that he didn't want to die this way.

It hurts to hear this, but will make you remember this day all over again:



Finally, when life went haywire on 9/11, Someone was there through it all:



May we never forget September 11th! God bless America!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Scale Mistress said...

I agree that everyone should be reminded of these horrible images even as I find them painful to watch. As a lifelong New Yorker, it breaks my heart to look at the skyline every time I cross the George Washington Bridge into Manhattan. Nearly everyone I know knew someone who was there that day...some who came home and some who didn't. We owe it to them and their families to remember.

9/11/2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger DD Jameson said...

Thanks for remembering and reminding those who may not.

9/11/2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Jimmy, I've never seen or heard that one with Mr. Cosgrove's last conversation. How horrifying it must have been for him; I can't even imagine. Of course he is just one of so many stories but these were people who had lives and loved ones... to be cut down like that is just beyond words. Yes, we do need to remember this tragic day in history.

9/12/2007 12:39 AM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

Thanks for the reminder Jimmy. I cried as I watched these vidoes. It's very hard for us all, but we cannot afford to forget.

9/12/2007 1:51 AM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

I'm not a US citizen, but I wish to express my heartfelt sympathy, as well as my deep respect for the comparatively restrained reaction of the US to this truly diabolical act of war and terror against its innocent citizens. I will never forget this day, nor will I ever forget that I witnessed certain, obviously hostile, individuals celebrating and dancing in the streets on that horrible day. The sights and sounds of both are etched into my brain forever.

This day has shown us, once again, that humanity is capable of acts of incredible heroism as well as the deepest and darkest of evils. Not that most of us needed that reminder - one only has to read the daily news, or, for that matter, study history - but now it is even more obvious that we, humans, have a long road to go before we can even begin to consider ourselves somewhat civilized as a species.

After witnessing these images one can only hope that the blind, crazed, apocalyptic monsters that conceived, plotted and performed these unspeakable acts (in the name of, travesty of travesties, a supreme being) will one day soon fully realize the total absurdity and utter futility of this crime of the century. May that fact, as well as what this promises for their afterlife, haunt them for the rest of their miserable lives.

In my view, none of these events should deter America. To the contrary, this terrible day should strengthen the resolve of the USA to once again take the lead in every possible discipline that defines a truly enlightened and sustainable civilization, such as freedom in all its forms for it's citizens, the tireless promotion of peace, the relentless drive to development of independent, clean energy generation technologies as well as space & earth exploration. All of this should be realized through the targeted, purposeful implementation of sensible and sustainable technology and wise governance. No other country in the world has the technological prowess, drive and resources to truly realize this. What is needed here is Statesmanship, vision, and the type of Apollo-era determination and drive, the cast-iron will to succeed in order to make the impossible possible.

The realization of these ideals would be the ultimate punishment to the (many) evil, cowardly criminals of this world who might then finally realize that they not only have lost this battle, but this entire new form of war. As a result, they never again will have the chance to effectively manipulate and mobilize the weak-minded imbeciles that they need to recruit to do the dirty work for them.

This would be the best possible defense, and an effective assurance that it will never, ever, happen again. And that, in turn, would be the greatest homage to those that perished on that tragic day.

9/12/2007 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home