MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Seven Prodigious New Low-Carb Blogs Gift-Wrapped With A Bow Just For You


I've got an early Christmas present for you--7 new low-carb blogs!

My wife Christine loves it when I surprise her with an unexpected gift at an unsuspecting time. That's why events like her birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day and the like are a bit anticlimactic since I try to spoil her with gifts just because. She loves it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well, today you get your own "surprise" blog post gift-wrapped with a bow "just because" I think you all are very special. There are STILL lots of BRAND NEW low-carb blogs emerging from Main Street members of the world who have been impacted for the better because of the healthy low-carb lifestyle.

I've highlighted many of the up-and-coming low-carb blogs over the past year or so at my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, including these five blogs, these five more blogs, even these five other blogs, these 10 healthy blogs, these five additional blogs, these five eclectic low-carb blogs, and this huge list of 50 blogs. Now I have seven new blogs to share with you that I'm sure you're gonna bookmark and enjoy. Check them all out for yourself!


1. FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS

Bonnie from Mansfield, Texas is the wife of a preacher and, like me, is a fan of contemporary Christian music (I love MercyMe, Chris Tomlin, and Jeremy Camp, too...and who doesn't like Journey?!). Like me and Christine, Bonnie and her husband are dealing with infertility too and she suffers from PCOS (something that this study shows low-carb improves). She is serious about getting her weight under control again after the stress of being childless. You gotta love her attitude about the life she has been given and the perspective she has as she lives through it. Cheer Bonnie on and let her know she's gonna make it! You can e-mail her your encouragement by clicking here.

2. SAYING GOODBYE TO A LIFELONG ADDICTION

Yin Tieng from Malaysia recently started eating a no starch, no sugar diet again following a modified version of the Heller's Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. While I'm no fan of this kind of cheating on your low-carb plan, Yin explains how she counteracts the impact of the carbohydrate meals she consumes. There are some excellent insights on this blog that you won't want to miss.


3. SIX UNTIL ME

How can you NOT like Kerri Morrone? She is a diabetic freelance writer who is a member of the editorial team of the diabetes web site dLife (I was recently brought on as a contributing writer for this outstanding educational tool!). Kerri's enthusiasm for helping diabetics be healthy is contagious and you can tell she genuinely cares about being there for diabetes sufferers. I'm sure she'd be thrilled to hear from you if you have any questions or comments about diabetes, so feel free to e-mail her your feedback to thank her for the work she is doing.

4. WIFEZILLA'S WAY

Coming across a blogger with the name Wifezilla can be a bit scary, but this 44-year old graphic designer from Colorado shouldn't be feared unless you're a low-fat loving lunatic! You see, she's a wholehearted supporter of livin' la vida low-carb because she overcame two decades of obesity as a result of this way of eating. And she knows her stuff, too--check out how you can be "Partyin' Low-Carb" and some really "Stupid Things" about low-carb that you need to be aware of. I LOVE IT!!! Go Wifezilla and keep tellin' them like it is! Contact her and ask her what she thinks. I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you. :D


5. FAT GIRL ON ATKINS

Our perception of what we look like dictates our reality when it comes to how we see ourselves. That's what this beautiful 27-year old teacher from Georgia with the nickname Tree is dealing with describing herself as a "fat girl on Atkins." I can understand how Tree sees herself, but I don't see anything close to that when I look at her picture. She is a gorgeous woman created by God to do His purpose and will for her life. If that means losing weight on the low-carb lifestyle as she hopes, then she's definitely on the right path. And she's quite adept at this lifestyle too as evidenced by her latest blog entry on the "Side Effects" of livin' la vida low-carb on her and her family. Outstanding!

6. HEART CIPHER

This very new blog with a rather "dark" look to it is focused almost exclusively on the prevention of cardiovascular disease implementing the strategies outlined by Dr. William Davis who I have interviewed here at my blog. Click here to see what the name means and here to find out why there is a city skyline at the top of the blog. If heart health and Dr. Davis' "Track Your Plaque" program interests you, then you might want to check out this blog.


7. LOW-CARB LIVING

Finally, we have a blogger who is on a "journey into a healthy low carb lifestyle" where she hopes to "inspire others" along the way. Although there's not much content on the blog yet (but this low-carb whipped cauliflower recipe looks very yummy!), I'm sure she'll get going real soon. Pay this new blog a visit and encourage her as she begins what will likely be the best thing she's ever done for her weight and health.

Do you have a new low-carb or health-related blog that you'd like for me to feature here at "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb?" Feel free to e-mail me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net with a link as well as a description of why you decided to start a diet blog.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger HeartCipher said...

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the mention on your site.

You wanted a study of the impact of a low carb diet on heart disease related blood levels?

Well, I just got my 3 month Dr. Davis Track Your Plaque program blood test results. It's hard to say anything other than that low carb WORKS! PERIOD!

I've blogged about the results here:

http://www.heartcipher.com/archives/102

Thanks for the inspiration you've provided to me!

aCipher

11/30/2007 12:40 AM  
Blogger Dena said...

Jimmy,

Thanks so much for the mention in your blog. You are such an inspiration to me and so many others.

SunEGrl

12/01/2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

thanks for mentioning me! all the encouragement was been wonderful - since I am just starting out on my weight loss journey, I will need all the help i can get!

12/01/2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I really appreciate being included on the list, but there is a slight technicality. I am OVERCOMING 20 years of obesity. I am not done yet, but well on the way (over half way) thanks to a low carb lifestyle.

Thanks again :D

Wifezilla

12/01/2007 12:54 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

You're getting there Wifezilla and that's all that matters. :)

12/01/2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Hey Jimmy,

THANK YOU for such a kind mention!

-- Kerri.

12/02/2007 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home