MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, December 15, 2007

'Leatherheads' Trailer Previews April 4 Release Of New George Clooney Flick


"Leatherheads" starring Clooney and Krasinski coming April 4, 2008

Pinch me because now that it's getting closer for the theatrical release of a movie I got to be an extra in, it kinda feels like a dream. But this is no dream and the Universal Pictures film Leatherheads starring George Clooney, Renée Zellweger, and John Krasinski is officially set to come out on April 4, 2008. I CAN'T WAIT!

As regular readers of my blog know, it was almost one year ago to the day that I stood in line for several hours for a chance to be a part of the movie magic trying out to be a football player in this period movie set in the 1920's when professional football was born. When I didn't hear anything for the entire month of January and most of February, I just assumed they wouldn't need me.

But then on February 27th I got a call from the casting company for the movie asking me if I still wanted to be an extra. Uh, duh! I originally thought they wanted me to be a football-playing extra for Leatherheads, but they had something special in mind for me instead--a hotel doorman?


I got to play a special role as the doorman in "Leatherheads"

Yep, like that episode of "The Brady Bunch" where the record producer picked Greg to be a solo artist because he "fit the suit," that's how I got chosen to be the doorman. My 6'3" height and "thin body frame" (I LOVED hearing that!) got me the gig. But I almost lost the role because that cap wouldn't fit on my head. The wardrobe department had to cut a slit in the back of it and add some stretchy material to it would go on my noggin!

It was so neat with my first experience in a Hollywood movie standing in front of a makeshift hotel in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. That was a memorable day in my life because she shot a 30-45 second scene over and over about 50 times, but the neatest part was George Clooney's character speaking a line to my extra character. Sweet!

Thinking that day was going to be it for me as an extra, I was surprised to receive another phone call about a month later from the casting department again wanting me to be an extra in some football scenes as a fan in the stands. The filming was to take place in Traveler's Rest, South Carolina--about 45 minutes from my house--over several days. "Can you make it?" they asked. "Oh yeah, I'll be there!"

This time around I took lots and lots of pictures so I could have pictorial memories of this once-in-a-lifetime experience. It was such a blast and all of us extras were so enamored by the way a movie like this gets shot. They don't call it movie magic for nothing!

I had one more opportunity to play a football fan in some scenes in Charlotte, North Carolina about a month after that and that concluded my Leatherheads movie experience as an extra. It's a lot of waiting around for your scenes to be shot, but I'd do it all over again for a chance to be in a movie.

In fact, one of the extras named Jim Fair created a Leatherheads extras web site for people who want to learn more about the behind-the-scenes of this movie and the memories of those of us chosen to be an extra. TheLeatherheads.com gives you all the latest information on the movie now set for release on April 4, 2008.

I noticed a trailer for Leatherheads is now available at YouTube:



Here's the direct link to the video if you'd like to share it with your friends to tell them about Leatherheads. This is expected to be a summer blockbuster movie because of the powerhouse Hollywood stars in it and in anticipation of the 2008 football season. When the movie comes out in theaters, don't you know I'll be looking for that scene with me as the doorman giving Clooney's character a dirty look. It's GOTTA be in there!

I'll update you more on the movie as we get closer to April 4, 2008!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home