MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dr. Jonny Bowden's Virtual Book Tour Coming February 19


Dr. Bowden recently released "The Most Effective Natural Cures On Earth"

One of the most highly respected and celebrated health experts of our day who is actually friendly towards livin' la vida low-carb is none other than Dr. Jonny Bowden. He is a board-certified nutritionist and a longtime beloved weight loss coach inspiring many with his one-of-a-kind writing and speaking style. Currently he serves as a contributing writer for America Online and is involved in a myriad of other opportunities to share the positive message of healthy living with the masses. I named him among my Top 10 Low-Carb Movers & Shakers Of 2007 and he is someone we can all look up to as a leader for low-carb living.



Jonny has written one of the most outstanding books about the low-carb lifestyle that's ever been penned entitled Living The Low-Carb Life and followed that masterpiece up with a fabulous book on Fair Winds Press last year called The 150 Healthiest Foods On Earth that listed many delicious and nutritious low-carb foods amongst the list of the most healthy morsels of goodness you can possibly put in your mouth.

Well, Jonny's back again with a follow-up to that bestseller now called The Most Effective Natural Cures On Earth: The Surprising Unbiased Truth About What Treatments Work And Why and I am in the midst of reading it as we speak. Fans of The 150 Healthiest Foods On Earth will absolutely eat this one up because the format nearly identical as Jonny goes through some of the most gripping health ailments of our day and finds an all-natural cure for each of them. You'll be happy to hear that livin' la vida low-carb is prescribed for a whole lotta things, including polycystic ovarian syndrome, high cholesterol and weight loss, for example, so stay tuned for my review of that book as well as an interview with Dr. Jonny Bowden on my podcast show coming very soon. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, check out these two free chapters from The Most Effective Natural Cures On Earth and see for yourself what this new book is all about. Then head on over to the Dr. Jonny Book Tour web site to learn about this event that is set to take place virtually on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 8:00pm EST. Jonny will be interviewed by veteran interviewer and marketing wizard Alex Mandossian about his new book! You WON'T want to miss this chance to hear about one of the best new health books of 2008 from this diet and health giant!



Interestingly, Jonny's publisher will waste no time with delivering another follow-up book on July 1, 2008 called The Healthiest Meals On Earth: Recipes That Fortify, Protect, And Nourish You featuring full-fledged recipes that incorporate the foods from the first two books in the series to create some of the most delectable meals on the face of the Earth! Jonny is a busy man and I personally don't know how he fits it all in. But he, like me, enjoys staying active and involved, so let's support him in his efforts to educate people to start living better than they ever thought possible!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information on these books. Besides the Low-carb that I've started, I'm also trying to do some natural "cures" so this is just what I need. I read some sample pages the the first thing was "theanine"...Green Tea! I just started this...don't like tea, miss my second mug of coffee, but I'll keep at it! I must make a trip to the library soon!

1/31/2008 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy, I think you should be honest with people:

Do we really know that low carb can help you lose weight? Yes.

Do we really know that low carb/high fat is healthier in the long run: No, there's no definitive research either way.

2/01/2008 6:15 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Peter, but I'm always DEAD HONEST with people regarding livin' la vida low-carb. There's enough garbage information being shared out in the mainstream media about this way of eating that people like me and Jonny Bowden are a small minority of people will to speak the TRUTH.

Do we know that low-carb can help people lose weight? ABSOLUTELY! I lost 180 pounds and literally tens of thousands of others who have read my blog have done it as well.

Do we REALLY know that low-carb/high-fat is healthier in the long-run? The answer to me is YES because I am no longer than 410-pound man with size 62-inch waist pants, 5XL shirts, and on prescription medications for cholesterol, blood pressure and breathing problems. This is the way I fully intend on eating for the rest of my long and healthy life.

Peter, you should read Gary Taubes' Good Calories, Bad Calories to understand why my fat/protein/carbohydrate ratio of 65/30/5 is EXTREMELY healthy. There's plenty of evidence supporting this diet that has become my permanent lifestyle change.

One last question for you: If I used low-carb to lose weight, then how should I be eating in the long-term, hmmmm? I'm curious about what you would have to say.

2/01/2008 10:01 AM  
Blogger Cedar Acre Lady said...

Awesome, I just love Jonny Bowden. So easy to read and full of great and helpful information that we can trust on low carb and healthly eating. I can hardly wait to get my hands on his new books for my home library.
Suz at Cedaracre

2/01/2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger shortandsweet said...

Another great thing about Jonny is that he answers all his emails and in a timely manner (as you do,Jimmy!) and this is much appreciated. I can't wait to get my hands on his new books!

Cathie

2/01/2008 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home