MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jamie Van Eaton: A New Low-Carb Superstar In The Making


Jamie is taking her unique writing style to the next level

Move over all you wanna-bes because there's a new low-carb sheriff in town and she's getting ready to make some major tidal waves like we haven't seen before. Okay, maybe that's a bit hyperbolic, but at least I have your attention now. If you haven't heard about Jamie Van Eaton just yet, then pretty soon you will. She's the brand new columnist at Examiner.com and they've given her a bold and exciting feature of her own called "Low-Carb Examiner."

Jamie, aka Cleochatra from "The Lighter Side Of Low-Carb" blog (which is one of the most hilarious and informative low-carb blogs I've ever seen!), has been featured at my blog previously for her low-carb Italian recipes using cauliflower (see #12) and her now world-famous Oopsie rolls recipe which is royally screwed up the first time before FINALLY reaching Oopsie nirvana last week after two failed attempts. And they were so good for that bacon and cheese sandwich. Mmm mmm!

What was I saying (I got distracted by Oopsies because I'm so hungry on the first day of my intermittent fast!)...oh yes, Jamie! Oh my gosh, what an opportunity she has now to reach so many more people with the positive message of livin' la vida low-carb. This is a golden chance for a real voice of reason to show others that low-carb is so much more than a simple "fad" diet that is only about weight loss. Jamie understands this is about a total lifestyle change that transforms your weight and health to new heights you could never imagine before.

Take a look at some of her posts which already appear at Examiner.com:

Why Low-Carb, and Who is That Chick with the Cool Hair?
Great Low-Carb Blogs (although it was missing at least one! Hee hee!)
Want Supple, Gluten-Free Buns?
Carl's Jr.: A Little Bowl For Your Soul
Mama, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Anorexic (an ode to the Kimkins diet scam)
Help Fix The Food Pyramid (which I blogged about last week)

She is already establishing herself as quite the prolific writer and I say the more she writes the better! This is an entirely new audience of readers who have probably never been exposed to the low-carb lifestyle quite like this before. Jamie Van Eaton is the perfect ambassador for low-carb because she's smart, funny as all get out, writes better than most people I know, and is a fervent supporter of this way of eating we all love and appreciate.

Go visit the "Low-Carb Examiner" page and subscribe to this feed TODAY! And while you're there, leave Jamie comments at each of her posts to let her know how much you support her in this new endeavor. Let's give her the enthusiastic reception she deserves for being willing to put herself out there where not everyone will necessarily be in full agreement with what she writes about. That's alright, she's planting seeds with each new post, so you never know what impact the work she is doing will have.

Send Jamie some encouragement and congratulate her on this opportunity she now has to reach people. Her e-mail address is cleochatra@gmail.com. I couldn't think of a nicer woman for this happen to and I see a new low-carb superstar in the making with Jamie Van Eaton. YOU GO GIRL!!! We are all so proud of you and wish you nothing but success with the doors that keep opening for you. So, before you become too big, can I have that podcast interview with you now? :D

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I am printing this out and wallpapering my room with it.

And NO on the podcast unless you're hosting, "Nobodies Week who sound like Laverne Defazzio"


Thanks for the exquisitely generous and blush-making blog. I feel like I'm on the red carpet, only the paparazzi aren't trying to photograph up my dress.

5/21/2008 7:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jimmy,

Cleo is the best! I've told her many times if she feels the need to "branch out", I'd be more than happy to open a Cleo's Oopsie Franchise in Boston! I am so tired of those greasy fried dough stands!

5/21/2008 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know, she's branching out. I've said it before, but this is one of my favorite bloggers. Thanks for doing the story on her.

5/21/2008 10:26 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Go Cleo! Glad the oopsie queen is getting some good press.

5/22/2008 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home