MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, May 12, 2008

New American Gladiator Jet Got Fit By 'Cuttin' Out Sugars And Carbs'


Monica Carlson is now "Jet" on the hit NBC-TV show "American Gladiators"

When NBC decided to bring back one of my all-time favorite television shows in January, I was so stoked! Watching it in the late 80s/early 90s, American Gladiators was an instant American cult classic. Here you had average, everyday people as contestants displaying brute strength, agility like a cat, and perfect timing attempting to give the pumped up Gladiators a thing or two to think about. Some did, some didn't. Regardless, it was fun to watch when I was 18 and it's still a blast today at 36.

Now hosted by wrestling legend Hulk Hogan and boxing great Muhammad Ali's little baby girl Laila Ali, this show gave one man and one woman the chance-of-a-lifetime to become a brand new member of the beefy lineup in Season 1 earlier this year and both of the winners were well-deserved for outlasting all their competition. Now they're set to debut in Season 2 of American Gladiators (airing Mondays at 8:00pm EST) tonight with all-new sculpted bodies that go along with their special Gladiator names.

Yet, there was one of those winners who stuck out to me when I heard about what she did after she found out she won that brought a big smile to my face. Jet, aka Monica Carlson, the mother of three who was crowned the female winner of American Gladiators a few months back, already looked in fabulous shape during her run on the show in Season 1, but man does she ever look amazing now?! You can really tell she's worked hard to get the body she has now and my ears perked up when I heard exactly how she did it.

Check out this video about Jet to get the scoop on how she got fit:



OMG, did you hear that? This quote from Monica Carlson...er, I mean Jet, is truly remarkable considering the kind of society we live in regarding diet and health these days.

"The second I knew I won, I was in the gym, eatin' protein, cuttin' out sugar and carbs...it was a huge transformation," Monica exclaimed.

Unbelievable, isn't it?! Here's a high-performance athlete training her body for competition against a new set of challengers for the next season of American Gladiators and how did she get her body into shape? She started livin' la vida low-carb to fuel her workouts and produce this "huge transformation" in her body. WOO HOO! I'm still in awe that she said it out loud.

But how can this be? We've been told by this Olympic athlete that you need carbs for proper training of your body and this line of thinking is often repeated by journalists in the media and those so-called health "experts" over and over until their blue in the face. But the reality is that kind of thinking is archaic and based on the old ways of thinking. Monica realizes that it's better to choose a low-carb dietary approach to get the kind of results you truly desire in the gym. And the end result with her I'd say is pretty phenomenal!

I for one will be watching American Gladiators this season just to see how Jet performs in her debut as one of the new members of the cast. She is an amazing physical specimen and should be very proud of the way she has changed her life simply by reducing her carbohydrate intake. What a champion for this way of eating she is and I salute her for being so open and honest about what she did to get in shape.

GOOD LUCK to you Monica "Jet" Carlson! Now go kick some low-carb butt out there! :D

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, she is my new idol. strong and still extremely feminine! Just gorgeous. It's really encouraging to see how low carb and working out can really transform your body.

5/12/2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger Taraneh said...

She is such a great inspiration to us ladies!

5/12/2008 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad for the low-carb promotion, but...

Yikes. What's with the ribs? I know the lighting has something to do with it, but this pic kind of scares me.

I love a certain softness in a girl, and there is nothing soft here, just muscle and bones. There's a difference between toned and ... whatever that is!

Personal opinion.

5/13/2008 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.

my goal is SO to be on that how.

by the time Im 40 :)

5/13/2008 6:24 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I do think she looks amazing...ribs and all. You gotta remember she is in competitive shape to go out and battle challengers each week on the show, so she needs to be more muscular than your average woman. Even still, for a mother of three, she's pretty hot. I'm just saying.

5/13/2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I think she looks fantastic. I am so excited to hear a fitness role model plugging the low-carb lifestyle. Just awesome...

5/14/2008 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home