MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Have You Tried The GoLower Low-Carb Snacks From The UK?

It's not very often that I get real excited about a new product that claims to be low-carb because usually it either contains an excessive amount of sugar in it despite claiming to be "low-carb" or it tastes so disgusting that you'd rather just chew on a piece of bark instead!

But, wouldn't you know it, I finally came across a low-carb snack that is natural, fortified with vitamins, high in fiber content and absolutely delicious. It's called GoLower Carb Counter Nut Bars.

You may not have heard of the GoLower brand yet in the United States since it is UK-based (you can order their products online at any of their Internet distributors), but you will definitely want to add these Carb Counter Nut Bars to your list of snacks while livin' la vida low-carb.

I didn't know much about them until recently, but was quite impressed with the list of ingredients in them, including a mixture of brazil nuts, linseeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. With all of those nuts and seeds, you will get over 9 grams of fiber in just one GoLower Carb Counter Nut Bar alone!

Additionally, each bar contains essential fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, calcium, selenium, magnesium, iron, potassium, zinc, copper, and alpha-linoleic acid. Each of these helps added nutrients improve the way the body works and adds even more nutritional benefits to your low-carb lifestyle.

Furthermore, these GoLower Carb Counter Nut Bars are sweetened with something called oligofructose, a natural ingredient that helps the body grow friendly bacteria helpful during digestion and absorption of vitamins and minerals our bodies need. I've not heard of any other low-carb product that offers this important ingredient.

Finally, these snacks do not contain any sugar, artificial sweeteners, or sugar alcohols, which have been known to cause gastric distress.

Sounds pretty good doesn'it? But I know what you're thinking -- how does it taste?

Frankly, I didn't know what to expect regarding the taste and texture of these low-carb snacks before I actually tried them. But once I did, let me tell you:

THESE BARS ARE FANTASTIC!!!

I was completely blown away by how good they were. I tried each of the flavors in the following order and here are my thoughts on each.

CHOCOLATE
Being a pretty big chocolate fan, I was expecting this one to be my favorite. Since this was my first taste of the GoLower products, I was immediately struck by the rich, full flavor they had. I was expecting the chocolate flavor to dominate my tastebuds, but it did not. And that's a good thing, too. The nutty flavor along with the crunch complemented the chocolate very nicely. It was a great introduction to the GoLower Carb Counter Nut Bars.

RASPBERRY
Okay, after the chocolate one tasted as good as it did, I didn't know what to expect from the raspberry flavor. But when I stuck it in my mouth, my tastebuds went into overdrive! This was the most incredible tasting non-chocolate low-carb snack bar I have ever put in my mouth, bar none! I am totally serious. It even has real freeze-dried raspberries in it that enhance the flavor even more. This will be the one flavor I will come back to time and time again.

COCONUT
I admit that I am not a fan of coconut at all mostly because I don't like the texture of coconut. But even after making myself try this flavor, I was delighted to find it to be the same kind of high-quality snack that the chocolate and raspberry flavors were without the annoying texture that I despise. If you like coconut, then you will most certainly enjoy this snack bar.

The great thing about these GoLower Carb Counter Nut Bars is the fact that they contain 3.5 net carbs each, which makes them great to eat several times a day and still keep your carb intake to a minimum. If you consume as many as three of these delicious snacks per day, then you'll be adding 17 grams of protein and 27 grams of fiber to your diet while only contributing 10 net carbs to your overall carb intake. You certainly can't beat that regardless of where you are in your low-carb lifestyle! I highly recommend these GoLower products for everyone doing low-carb.

Wanna try 'em for yourself now? Visit the GoLower web site at www.golower.com to buy these today! Let me know what you think after trying them for yourselves!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Just starting Atkins induction and wanted to ask you a question about bars. Do you think it is acceptable to eat bars with a "net carb" rating. For example, the south beach diet meal replacement bars have 26 carbs. But less fiber and sugar alcohols they have 3 net carbs?

I ask cause I think the Atkins brand is gaggingly awful, but having something like this in my diaper bag keeps me from cheating when I want candy.

4/10/2007 7:08 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Lotta,

THANKS so much for writing and I'm proud of you for starting the Atkins diet. Let me see if I can help you out.

If you do not like the Atkins bars, then that's okay if you don't have them. The fact is you don't NEED any of those things to do the low-carb way of eating right. I didn't.

But let me warn you about reading your labels very carefully. The South Beach bars taste very good, but that's because they have quite a bit of sugar in them. Be careful that these don't kick you out of ketosis.

You'll be pleased with the GoLower bars because they are sugar-free and taste oh so delicious. You can order them and many other great low-carb bars from CarbSmart.

THANKS again for your comments and let me know how I can help you in this journey. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

4/10/2007 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home