MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Sent My Success Story To The Maury Povich Show

Since I haven't heard from the producers of The Oprah Winfrey Show about having me on their show to talk about my weight loss (it's probably because of HOW I lost the weight -- low-carb! -- more than anything), I decided to submit my story to another popular television talk show -- The Maury Povich Show.

The following is what I submitted on the Maury web site today:

Hey Maury,

My name is Jimmy Moore and I lost a grand total of 180 pounds in 2004 by following a healthy diet and exercise program. When I started at 410 pounds on January 1, 2004, I never thought I would get down to 230 pounds in just a year. But now I have a problem that I am hoping you can help me with.

As you have seen in the past with previous guests you have had who have also lost a lot of weight, there is an enormous amount of excess skin that hangs from the stomach and inner thighs. My waist size went from 62 down to 40 during my weight loss. I tell people that my skin had to go somewhere!

But, unfortunately, it's still there and is a huge discouragement to me. I just don't feel like the skinny person that other people tell me I am now because all I can see is a big pile of hanging skin looking back at me every single day when I look in the mirror.

I asked my health insurance company about helping me get the abdominoplasty surgery done and they have dismissed it as cosmetic only. I disagree. Having it done will improve my physical appearance by removing what my doctor says is about 15 pounds of loose skin, but it will also help my mental health by allowing me to appreciate my new body.

Maury, can you help fulfill my dream of helping me look like the skinny man that everyone else sees in me? I have kept the weight off for about 4 months and do not plan on gaining it back! Thanks for your consideration of my story for your show. I hope to hear from you soon!


Cross your fingers for me. I really want and need that surgery, which costs about $12,000 by the way! Other than writing my book, this is my biggest dream since losing the weight. I'm confident it will happen. It's only a matter of time.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Oprah again thru this link. Looks like she is now specifically looking for weightloss success stories!
https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeOnTheShow.jhtml?action=respond&plugId=B5700003

Good Luck,
Karen

5/05/2005 11:11 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Thanks for the information about Oprah. But I sent them my story months ago through that exact same link and they wrote me back requesting before and after pictures and a detailed description of my weight loss experience.

I assume they plan the shows way ahead of time, but some of my low-carb friends have speculated that Oprah doesn't like Atkins and her producers will probably not call me. I'm hopeful, but doubt the show will call.

In the meantime, I also sent my story to the Maury Povich Show the other day as you can see from my post here.

I'm not a quitter and I will keep trying until SOMEBODY calls. If I can lose 180 pounds in a year, then this ought to be a piece of cake (metaphorically speaking, of course, since cake is loaded with carbs!).

THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING THE INFO!!!

5/05/2005 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home