MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Verdict Is In On Diet Coke With Splenda...

A few days ago I told you about the new Diet Coke with Splenda. Ever since then I have searched and searched for this product at every store I could think of.

I went to Ingles and Publix grocery stores on Thursday, but they didn't have it and nobody knew when they would get it. I went to Eckerds and Walgreens on Friday, but they didn't have it yet either and also didn't know when they would have it. I gave up my search yesterday frustrated that I couldn't find this product I've seen advertised prominently on television just a few days ago on "American Idol."

Finally, this morning on my way to church I stopped by the local corner convenience store to see if they had it in stock and I was in luck! I asked the sales clerk how long they've had it and he said they just put it out this morning. WOW! What great timing! I asked him if he had tasted it yet and he said he had not. I told him I would give him a full report about it after my taste test. At $1.69, this 20-ounce bottle had better be worth it!

Well, the verdict is in on Diet Coke With Splenda...ME LIKE ME LIKE! As someone who used to regularly drink about 200 ounces of Coca-Cola per day before I started livin' la vida low-carb, I could not believe my taste buds when I took my first few swigs. It was just like the Coke I remembered drinking and not the nasty flavor of the aspartame-poisoned regular Diet Coke. In fact, there were a few times I felt guilty about how much I was enjoying the full flavor of this new version of Diet Coke. But it has ZERO CARBS and ZERO SUGAR and ZERO BAD SWEETENERS! Why in the world did Coca-Cola even mess with their idiotic experiment with C-2, bragging about it having half the carbs and half the sugar of a regular coke? This Diet Coke with Splenda tastes so much better!!!

The only knock I have on this new Diet Coke with Splenda is that it still has caffeine (something you try to avoid when you are on a low-carb lifestyle) and sodium (which if you are susceptible to high blood pressure can cause you some problems). Other than that, I would say this arguably the best-tasting diet soft drink on the shelves today. I'll still drink my Diet Rite and Diet Cheerwine, but I will occasionally drink Diet Coke with Splenda, too.

I hope it does well so they can expand it into their other flavors, such as cherry, vanilla and lime. AND hopefully they'll make a caffeine-free version, too.

But, as with anything on low-carb, don't overindulge on these. It's still best to drink water first and foremost. Let your diet soda be your treat after downing a gallon of water. Your body will thank you for it and you will feel absolutely fantastic!

After church, I went to BI-LO, but they didn't have it. Then I went to Wal-mart to see if they had Diet Coke With Splenda yet, but all I saw there were the 20-ounce bottles on sale for $.78. Where's the 12-pack of cans and the 2-liter bottles? Don't you hate it when companies advertise a new product but they don't get it to the stores until weeks afterwards?! I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for it to come in. I'm sure EVERYBODY will have it by the end of the month.

ENJOY and post your thoughts about Diet Coke With Splenda. I'd love to know what you think!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried it last week. I don't drink or eat many sweet things anymore. I drink water and decaf green tea daily. When I started my LC WOE I also gave up drinking caffine but one 20oz bottle of soda did not have me craving it again but I did get a headache the next day.
It does taste closer to the real thing then Nutrasweet diet Coke but I'm not crazy about the Splenda after taste that will linger for hours. One was enough for me, thumbs down.

5/09/2005 2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I tried a Diet Coke with Splenda a few days ago, and I enjoyed it! I couldn't believe how close to the real thing it is. Me and my wife also started Low-Carb today, and as we were shopping for groceries last night, I realized that there really is alot of good food on this lifestyle! We tried to find the New Atkins Revolution book there, but not to be found. I will be sure and check out those other books you recommend soon! God bless you, Jimmy.

5/09/2005 3:19 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you like Diet Coke with Splenda as much as I did.

Congratulations to you and your wife for starting on your low-carb lifestyle. It will be a highly rewarding experience for you if you stick with it as prescribed in the books you read.

The New Diet Revolution book by Dr. Robert Atkins can be found in most pharmacies, grocery stores and, of course, book stores. If you can't find it where you live them visit atkins.com and you can order it from there. It is an EXCELLENT resource to help you get started on the right foot livin' la vida low-carb! :-)

Check in again soon and let us know how you are doing. God bless you as you regain your healthy through the low-carb lifestyle.

5/09/2005 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home