MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Low-Carb Blog Exposure Increased After Atkins Bankruptcy Announcement

Ever since the announcement on Monday that Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. has declared bankruptcy, traffic at "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" has been humming. It looks like people are trying to find out more information regarding the so-called demise of the low-carb diet since that's what much of the media is trying to convince people regarding the future of the weight loss method millions of people like me have used to get healthy.

Here are just a few places where I noticed this blog was mentioned in the media this week:

1. Slate.com

You might remember that Slate.com previously wrote about me and my blog a couple of weeks ago. Well, they did it again on Tuesday in an article entitled "A disturbing look at all the president's numbers" by Bruce Reed. This was in response to my blog entry regarding President George W. Bush's health report that found him to be in "superior" physical shape.

Reed wrote the following:

Moore Is Less: On his blog "Livin' La Vida Lo-Carb," which sets out "to combat the daily lies" by opponents of the Atkins Diet, half-the-man-he-used-to-be Jimmy Moore offers his own theory of how the president lost eight pounds. "I thought my heart rate was low until I discovered that President Bush's resting heart rate is 47 beats per minute," says Moore, who puts his own "bpm" at 45. "You can't blame Bush for our nation's poor health!"

Moore goes on to gush that Bush "limits his caffeine intake to coffee and diet sodas." Apparently, the president's renowned willpower enables him to forgo Dexatrim and No-Doz.


That was a nice little blurb about my blog. I don't necessarily agree with the politics of Slate.com, but that's two mentions in two weeks. I appreciate the plug guys and the traffic you've sent my way. My pageviews today have been four digits! THANK YOU!

2. SugarShockBlog.com



I met this woman in the picture above named Connie Bennett who has a blog entitled Sugar Shock! Blog. It appears she and I have a lot in common. We both recently finished writing books and have a passion for writing. While we have differing opinions on many aspects of nutrition, we both agree that sugar is a big no-no. Connie's upcoming book will be called "Sugar Shock!" (just as I named my blog after my book, too!) and hopes to tell people about how they can live without sugar. Imagine that!

In a blog entry regarding the Atkins bankruptcy, Connie says this about my blog:

"And low-carber Jimmy Moore -- who lost 180 pounds on a low-carb diet -- aptly notes in his Livin' La Vida Low-Carb blog that the Atkins Nutritionals bankruptcy announcement 'really means nothing regarding the future of low-carb.'"

THANK YOU, Connie! She even commented on my blog and complimented me on "some very insightful observations" regarding the press accounts about Atkins in the past few days.

"I loved how you dug up all these headlines crowing about the demise of low carb. These reporters -- of which I'm one (though on my own now) -- really don't cover the low-carb story accurately, and I find that annoying, if not embarrassing!"

Amen, sister! I think I'm gonna like this woman. :-) Be on the lookout for "Sugar Shock!" coming to a store near you. I will most definitely be reading this book and will even do a book review right here if Connie would like for me to do that. We'll even provide you a link with how you can order your own copy of the book when it becomes available.

3. The Ralph Bristol Show

After winning Ralph Bristol's "Incredible Shrinking Ton" weight loss contest in 2004, he has asked me to appear on his local radio program in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC market this Friday at 5:00pm EST to talk about the Atkins diet and my upcoming book. I will be in the studio live with Ralph and fielding questions and comments from callers about livin' la vida low-carb. This is quite an opportunity to help spread the message about the healthy benefits of the low-carb lifestyle and I'll even get in a plug or two for this blog and my book. If you live in the Upstate of South Carolina, then tune in to 1330/950 WORD-AM on August 5th from 5:00-6:00pm.

It never ceases to amaze me just how successful this blog has been in barely over three months of existence. We just passed 25,000 pageviews in that short amount of time and the best is still yet to come. I am committed to being here to provide you with the best news and information regarding the low-carb lifestyle you will find anywhere on the web. A sister web site to this blog will soon be launched to help bring other voices into the mix to help spread the message of livin' la vida low-carb in even greater numbers. We'll let you know when that happens.

THANK YOU to everyone who so faithfully supports me and this blog with your presence each and every day. God bless you and know that I am grateful to call you my friends. Contact me anytime with comments or questions at livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home