MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Will Tonight Show Consider A Low-Carb Guest?


Wouldn't it be great if Jay Leno met Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Man?!

I was talking with someone on the phone at work today who works as a manager out in the field for the company I am employed with. With tens of thousands of employees in our company, most of us know each other only through the cursory interaction we have with them in the course of our jobs.

But today this field manager said he wanted to ask me a non-job related question.

"Did you write a book?" he bluntly asked.

Of course, I quickly replied, "Yes, I did."

He went on to explain that he had heard about my book and wondered if I was the same Jimmy Moore that he knew from work. Yep, that's me. However, the next words out of his mouth completely caught me off guard.

"Did I see you on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno recently?" he queried.

LOL! Are you serious? Don't I wish! I told him that would be nice exposure for the book and with what I am doing promoting the low-carb lifestyle, but unfortunately it hasn't happened...YET!

This co-worker of mine said it would be great if I did and he got me to thinking, why shouldn't I be considered as a guest of Jay Leno's on The Tonight Show. My story is one of those positive human interest stories they feature from time to time and why shouldn't the message of livin' la vida low-carb reach the late-night masses? Right?!

So, I researched the Internet to find an e-mail address to send my story and here's what I wrote:

Dear Tonight Show producers,

My name is Jimmy Moore and I lost nearly 200 pounds by following a low-carb lifestyle and exercise routine. As someone who used to weigh 410 pounds as of January 2004, I quickly lost 180 pounds that year on the much-maligned, but very effective Atkins diet. In 2005, my goal was to not gain it back and I succeeded at keeping the weight off.

I created a very popular weight loss blog at LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com which gets about 35,000 pageviews per month and is still growing rapidly as people desperately look for good information to help them lose weight. I regularly combat the misinformation out there about low-carb living with very direct and opinionated commentary at my blog and it is also a refuge for people who are trying to lose weight with the frequent encouragement I offer my readers.

In October 2005, I released a book about my weight loss experience called "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" (available from Amazon.com) and it has performed quite well against most of the books in that same genre. Plans are already in the works for me to write a sequel to that book featuring 10 real-life stories of others whose lives have been transformed by livin' la vida low-carb that will be released in late 2006.

Does this sound like something The Tonight Show and its enthusiastic viewers would be interested in? If the rapid growth in popularity of shows like NBC's "The Biggest Loser" is any indication of a peaked interest in the subject of weight loss and success stories, then I am sure my appearance on the show will be a hit!

I look forward to the opportunity to share my story further with you. Please feel free to call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX if you need any additional information from me.

THANKS for your consideration!


We'll see what happens from here. Will the Tonight Show even CONSIDER a low-carb weight loss success story as a guest? Who knows. But at least they now know who I am and will have the opportunity to give this former morbidly obese man turned athlete a chance to reach a national audience. That would be awesome!

If you would like to write to the producers of The Tonight Show and tell them what a great guest I would be for their show, their e-mail address is tonightshow@nbc.com.

This is an opportunity that could literally revitalize the positive message of low-carb at a time when everyone thinks it is dead as a doornail. Let's prove to them just how wrong they are and let a genuine low-carber tell his story of triumph in front of millions of viewers! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support!!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Why don't you also try pitching yourself to the other late night shows?

1/26/2006 12:41 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Leno would be crazy not to have you on the show - this would be a FANTASTIC idea! You know of course that you'll have to keep us posted on developments. Any word from Dr. Phil yet??

1/26/2006 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home