MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rapper LL Cool J Pens Low-Carb Fitness Book

I'm not sure what impact celebrity endorsements really have on the public's opinion about the products and services that all of us normal, everyday people use. But apparently they must have some effect since we always seem to see famous people allowing their opinions and experiences to be used in conjunction with all sorts of things.

So how about livin' la vida low-carb? Is there anyone in the world of entertainment willing to stick their neck out in support of this much-maligned, yet very effective dietary approach in the year 2006?

As a matter of fact, there is. His name is James Todd Smith.

Who? Oh, I guess most people don't know him by THAT name, but will very likely recognize his stage name of LL Cool J. As in the rapper and actor.

It just so happens that the svelte and healthy LL Cool J, whose only song I have heard of is "Mama Said Knock You Out," is a strong supporter of the low-carb lifestyle and is set to release his first book on fitness with Rodale Books ("The South Beach Diet," "The Biggest Loser") in January 2007. In fact, you can go see a listing for this book entitled "LL Cool J's Platinum Body: Sculpt Your Best Body Ever with Hollywood's Fittest Star" at Amazon.com right now.

The book, co-written by his personal trainer Dave "Scooter" Honig and Muscle & Fitness magazine editor Jeff O'Connell, will share LL Cool J's "regimen for a platinum body." It will include a fitness routine for a variety of workouts customized for both men and women at their particular level. There will be also be a special weight loss phase and an ongoing weight maintenance aspect included in the book as well to help people reach their goals.

"This workout program changed my life -- both physically and emotionally," LL Cool J said. "Now I want to share with others how they can achieve their own personal version of a Platinum Body."


There's no denying LL Cool J is solid muscle and physically fit

I for one am absolutely THRILLED to see such a major public figure out there proclaiming the virtues of livin' la vida low-carb. LL Cool J is exactly the kind of ambassador this way of eating needs to bring some sanity back to the health debate. If someone like LL Cool J can eat low-carb and look as fantastic as he does, then how can the media and the health "experts" deny this nutritional approach is anything but the nutrient-dense and "normal" way to eat that all of us low-carbers know that it is?

How can I be so sure that LL Cool J actually endorses low-carb as his preferred method of eating? I'm glad you asked that question. :) Check out what he said in this interview in Wave Magazine when he was promoting his movie, Deliver Us From Eva.

When asked what he was most "passionate" about, he replied "my family, my health, learning, sharing." The interviewer then prodded him some more about his health and asked what he does specifically to stay in shape.

Here was the response from LL Cool J:

"Exercise two hours a day, cardio, low carb diet, weights, boxing, calisthenics, running. I lost a lot of weight. I was a lot bigger. I was muscular, but I was a different type of big. I was more burly. To some people, I still am, but I’m not. I was a lot bigger. I just took a lot of weight off and decided to get more defined and stop being as big as I was."

Did anyone else crack a big grin on your face when you read that this man that so many people look up to as a role model actually admits he stays healthy and fit by livin' la vida low-carb? I know I did! WOO HOO! Let's celebrate this amazing and enthusiastic endorsement people because we have a man in LL Cool J who's not afraid of any backlash for supporting this lifestyle change because it has changed him forever.

I am VERY interested in reading his book when it releases and believe everyone who supports the low-carb lifestyle should start buzzing this "low-carb" fitness book to their friends and family. While Rodale may or may not market the book as a "low-carb" book, you and I both know that is exactly what it will be. And that is so very exciting for me as a low-carb weight loss success story and promoter of low-carb living.

Send LL Cool J an e-mail expressing your support for him as he touts the virtues of livin' la vida low-carb by writing to him at his Def Jam address, sitesupport@defjam.com. He needs to know how proud we are of him for being a lonely wolf on the celebrity circuit who backs the low-carb lifestyle. THANK YOU, LL Cool J!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

I am interested in seeing this book. I was very impressed with LL Cool J's transformation.

I did notice his dramatic 'fat loss' when it occurred.

He is someone I look up to in that regard.

Dave

7/06/2006 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home