MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, August 12, 2006

200-Pound Atkins Diet Success Makes Video

One of the things I enjoy doing the most here at my blog is sharing with you low-carb weight loss success stories who have put in the hard work, remained dedicated to their plan regardless of the difficulties that come their way, and seen their way to losing impressive amounts of weight. For anyone who is in need of motivation and inspiration, these stories are just the shot in the arm you may be looking for.

Friend, fellow blogger, and 200-pound Atkins diet weight loss success story Kent Altena is one of those amazing individuals I have highlighted before at my blog. He was also given a nice write-up in his local newspaper and has been interviewed for a possible feature in an upcoming article in People magazine!

I can really relate to Kent's story personally because we started the Atkins diet within just a few months of each other and we both lost large amounts of weight. I am so proud of all that he has been able to accomplish since his weight loss, including rejoining the National Guard, running in marathons, and even surfing!

Kent decided to use the latest technology from YouTube.com to make a video featuring the Van Halen song "Standing On Top Of The World" as the backdrop to a series of photos chronicling his weight loss journey. If your low-carb weight loss is in a rut right now and you wanna see somebody that's made it, then you will DEFINITELY want to watch the video below which also appears on Kent's web site.

Here is Kent Altena's Atkins diet success video:



WOW WOW WOW!!! Way to go, Kent! That is such an incredibly inspiring video, it makes me want to go lose weight on the Atkins diet. Hey, wait a minute, I already did! HA!

If you enjoyed that video as much as I did, then how about letting Kent know by posting a comment about it at his blog.

It was very interesting to see some of the advice Kent offered in his video because it looked vaguely familiar to some of the things I have blogged about right here. In fact, I know the there is no "after" with Atkins tip he gave was my idea because he even blogged about it following my post last month.

THANK YOU, Kent, for continuing to serve as a GREAT example of what livin' la vida low-carb is all about. I salute you, my friend!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

Hey, I know where to turn for good advice. I can't tell you how confused the public is with the "fatkins" (their words) diet. If there is anything I'd like to clear, it would be some of those common misconceptions, what happens after Atkins, on Atkins you eat only meat and cheese and meat, or exercise is not needed. If it takes one goofy looking Iowan making a video blog to convince people, I will gladly turn the camera on.

Who knows what might turns up next in my videos? (with proper attribution of course :-) ) I have a couple video topics planned (like how to make the best low carb grilled wings ever and the whole topic of loose skin), but I am always looking for new topics as well.

8/12/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

Great video and very inspiring!

8/13/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Hike2Health said...

Kent is pretty cute! Oh darn, he's married. Hey Kent: one idea you might consider for a video is to show how your whole family eats at get-togethers without all the sugary bad stuff.

I love the video so much that I think I will make one of my own in 2007! It will be additional motivation to keep myself on track with the 30-in-30 weightloss challenge.

8/13/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

Awesome Kent,

I love the video!

Keep on inspiring us!

Dave

8/13/2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger Kent said...

Thanks hike2health for the cute complement... :blushing: I am already planning a followup one for my dear wife, who is one her own 100 pound loss. I felt somewhat guilty not quickly following one up on her success after posting some of her "before" photos in there as well. Thanks though for the suggestion. My trying to get my kids to eat healthy may not be an example of my most successful, but if I can get my kids to like eating faux mashed potatoes almost as much as real ones, there is hope. :-)

8/14/2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger Kent said...

Just an update, I just wanted to post the link to all my videos (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bowulf).

Additionally if you want to be notified about my new Atkins Diet "low carb how to" videos, click on the link below: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=bowulf I just got done with my look at Atkins Induction rules and foods, and I can't give Jimmy enough credit for helping me put this story in front of others. . . .

9/02/2006 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home