MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb' The Radio Show?


Can you envision a low-carb talk radio show? It could happen!

I have some exciting news to share with today as well as a challenge to any business that believes in the principles of livin' la vida low-carb and the work I am doing here at my blog.

Ever since I first started writing at the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, my vision was to take the low-carb message well beyond the borders of my little corner of the Internet into places where people can get educated, inspired and encouraged to start doing something about their weight and health. That's why I decided to get involved with LowCarbNewsline.com, CommonVoice.com, CarbWire.com, WLTips.com, WeightLossBuddy.com, and HealthHacksPodcast.com, among other projects. These involvements keep me VERY busy, but my sights have always been on something bigger than the Internet.

Well, that opportunity may have just presented itself to me today in the form of something that sounds extremely exciting to me--"Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" The Radio Show! You heard me right. The local powerhouse radio station in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC radio market has offered me a half-hour or one-hour show to talk about issues of health, diet and nutrition. They were so impressed with what I have done at my blog that they wanted to give me a chance to take it to the radio. Plus, they do not currently have ANYONE talking about this subject at any point during the week.

The open slot is from 6:00-7:00am on Saturday mornings and they will pretty much let me run the show as I see fit. They want it be information-driven with me discussing the latest research and health articles from my unique perspective as a low-carber with open telephone lines for people to call in with their questions and comments. I did a little Christian radio back in the 1990's and hosted a weekly countdown show, so I'm familiar with broadcasting from that experience.

I don't know about you, but this is a HUGE open door to have the message of livin' la vida low-carb go out across the airwaves in a rare opportunity in the year 2006. The radio station is unconcerned about the supposed "dangers" of the low-carb lifestyle and instead like the way I present information about weight loss and healthy living.

But...(you knew there was one of these somewhere, didn't you?)

The only problem is that I need sponsors for the show. Radio may be free to the listeners, but it does cost money to be on the air. Therefore, I am looking for enthusiastic businesses who are willing to step up and support a program like this. This really is unprecedented for a local station to have a "low-carb" radio show when low-carb is supposed to be dead.

I would love to see the show do so well that they have to move it to a better time slot and maybe even get offers to have it syndicated in other markets. Call me a dreamer, but I can see that happening if the right elements come together. But getting my foot in the door to be on the radio to talk about what we all agree is one of the most important issues of our time is the very first step and something I couldn't pass up.

Each show costs $350 for a half-hour segment, so basically $700 for the one-hour show. I'm looking for sponsors who would like to have their businesses featured on the program in a live spot during the show. If you are the owner or decision-maker at your company and think this is a good marketing decision for your company, then please contact me ASAP at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. Please provide me the name of your company, the contact person I need to speak with, a telephone number, and a brief description of the company or products you would like featured on the show.

I will also agree to provide a link and logo at my blog under a "Radio Sponsors" listing to show the people visiting my web site who is helping me bring the radio show to the airwaves. It will also allow the people listening to the show to find the advertisers easier when I point them to visit the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog.

Like I said, this show could build up into something so big and outstanding for the sake of low-carb that I am looking for people who share that same vision to take this message to the world in any way that we can. Yes, even a radio show!

I welcome your thoughts and comments about the prospect of this show.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, Happy Low Carb Taco! That's why I would like a syndicated show so it can reach more people. :) Wish me luck.

9/28/2006 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home