MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Intermittent Fast Low-Carb Menu

Last week was something else with my experimentation with intermittent fasting as recommended by low-carb expert Dr. Mike Eades. As you know, I didn't do so well on it and was only able to last five days on it.

I guess it did SOME good for my body since I lost another 4 1/2 pounds with it. Who knows if it was that or the continued Omega Diet I am on. Regardless, I'll take the weight loss and am happy to share my menu with you today. If you have been following my menus over the past few weeks, then you will notice something quite different in THIS week's menu!

As always, here are my supplements:

3 teaspoons of liquid multivitamin (no iron)
1 brick men's multivitamin (no iron)
200mg Co Q-10
200mcg Chromium Picolinate
250mg Acetyl L-Carnitine
1 brick B Complex Vitamins
6 tablets Shaklee Super Calcium Magnesium Plus
2 caplets Fibercon
2 softgels 1000mg each Flax Oil
2 softgels 1000mg each Fish Oil Concentrate


I drank lots of water and Diet Rite soft drinks. I have avoided all Nutrasweet-sweetened sodas for a month now as well as caffeine. Here was my menu and exercise routine from last week:

MONDAY
5:15AM - Atkins Shake
6:15PM - 8oz steak w/A-1, 3 grilled chicken tenderloins w/cheese & mayo
6:30PM - Sugar-free 1.1 oz dark chocolate bar (no maltitol)
6:45PM - 1 tablespoon of Naturally More Peanut Butter

EXERCISE: 80 minutes elliptical

TUESDAY
7:00AM - Atkins Shake
9:30AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
12:30PM - La Tortilla wrap w/4 eggs and mayo
5:30PM - 4 small grilled chicken tenderloins w/cheese and mayo
5:45PM - Sugar-free 1.1 oz milk chocolate bar (no maltitol)

EXERCISE: 40 minutes elliptical

WEDNESDAY
6:00PM - 30 oz prime rib w/horseradish, 1 1/2 cups greens w/eggs, cheese, bacon, sunflower seeds, and Ranch
9:15PM - Atkins shake

EXERCISE: 40 minutes elliptical

THURSDAY
7:45AM - Atkins Shake
10:45AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
11:45AM - ChocoPerfection dark chocolate bar
1:00PM - La Tortilla wrap with turkey, cheese and mayo
3:15PM - 3/4 cups almonds
5:30PM - 12oz prime rib w/A-1, 3 chicken tenderloins w/cheese and mayo
5:45PM - ChocoPerfection dark chocolate bar

EXERCISE: 50 minutes elliptical, 75 minutes volleyball

FRIDAY
1:15PM - Grilled chicken salad w/greens, cheese, tomatoes, Ranch
2:45PM - Whole rotisserie chicken
3:30PM - 3/4 cup vanilla caramel pudding w/coconut oil and ChocoPerfection bar
9:15PM - 3/4 cup vanilla caramel pudding w/coconut oil and ChocoPerfection bar

EXERCISE: 35 minutes elliptical

SATURDAY
7:30AM - 2 eggs, 3 sausage patties, 1 smoked sausage
2:15PM - 4 chicken tenderloins w/Feta cheese
3:15PM - ChocoPerfection bar
7:15PM - La Tortilla Factory wrap w/turkey, cheese, mayo
8:15PM - Heavy whipping cream, DaVinci caramel syrup and ChocoPerfection bar melted together

EXERCISE: None

SUNDAY
8:15AM - Atkins Shake
11:45AM - 1 pound of BBQ w/no sauce
12:00PM - ChocoPerfection bar
4:00PM - Atkins Advantage Granola bar
6:45PM - 4 grilled chicken tenderloins w/Feta cheese and mayo
8:00PM - Sugar-free 1.1 oz chocolate mint bar (no maltitol)

EXERCISE: None

Did you notice what I did differently this past week? That's right, I added back more of the low-carb "products" that some low-carb purists turn their nose up at. I happen to LOVE my low-carb chocolates, peanut butter, Atkins bars and more. As long as it's not adversely affecting my weight loss, then what's the harm? That's my philosophy.

Interestingly, there was very little weight loss during the fasting part of my week. But once I got off of the intermittent fasting on Friday afternoon and over the weekend, I noticed the scale begin to drop even without any exercise on Saturday or Sunday (I had previous time commitments that prevented me from sneaking in my workouts). Even still, I was stoked about my weight loss and expect it to continue as I eat the way I have outlined in this menu...sans the fasting part! :D

Feel free to post your comments or questions and I'll be happy to address them.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

That was the day I was so ravenous that I was dreaming about the prime rib all day! I actually ate too much and got slightly sick to my stomach after eating all that meat. LOL! Lesson learned.

9/26/2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger Viking Dan said...

At least it wasn't a gallon of Hagen Dasz. :P

9/27/2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

EWWW! Wasn't tempted in the least to do that, Dan! RAT POISON, RAT POISON! :D

9/27/2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Jimmy, I was at the grocery store last night looking to pick up a bottle of A-1 when I noticed that it has 2g of sugar and high fructose corn syrup. Does this bother you at all?

Thanks for your blog! It's must-read every day for me.

9/27/2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

GREAT question, Jeff! I'm happy to address that. Since I use only a tiny amount of A-1 and don't drown my steak in it like some people do, I am probably only getting 1, maybe 2g carbs at the most. That's perfectly fine for most people who are livin' la vida low-carb. Just be sure you count those carbs in your daily carb count. THANKS for your question and faithful readership!

9/27/2006 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home