MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One More Low-Carb Menu For You

People have been fascinated by the one-week low-carb menus I have been posting over the past couple of weeks (click here and here to see them). I decided to post one more week's worth of my low-carb menus for you since I started the intermittent fasting recommended by Dr. Mike Eades for this week. Perhaps I will post that menu next week as well.

Since I started on Regina Wilshire's omega-focused diet plan three weeks ago, I have lost in excess of 10 pounds and the scale is moving (I lost another pound last week). Yee haw! So, naturally, people are curious about what I am doing. For the third week in a row, here is my menu from this past week of what I actually ate.

Before I get into the foods I ate, here are my supplements:

3 teaspoons of liquid multivitamin (no iron)
1 brick men's multivitamin (no iron)
200mg Co Q-10
200mcg Chromium Picolinate
250mg Acetyl L-Carnitine
1 brick B Complex Vitamins
6 tablets Shaklee Super Calcium Magnesium Plus
2 caplets Fibercon
2 softgels 1000mg each Flax Oil
2 softgels 1000mg each Fish Oil Concentrate


I drank lots of water and Splenda-sweetened soft drinks. Here was my menu and exercise routine from last week:

MONDAY
8:30AM - Atkins Shake
9:45AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
1:00PM - La Tortilla wrap with turkey, cheese and mayo
3:00PM - 1 cup of almonds and walnuts
6:30PM - 8oz steak w/A-1, 2 cups spinach leaves, cheese, Ranch
7:15PM - 1/3 ounce low-carb chocolate (no maltitol)

EXERCISE: 45 minutes walking

TUESDAY
7:45AM - Atkins Shake
9:30AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
1:00PM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
5:30PM - 8oz steak w/A-1, salad greens w/Ranch, 3 eggs
7:00PM - 1/2 cup sugar-free vanilla mousse

EXERCISE: 45 minutes elliptical

WEDNESDAY
7:45AM - Atkins Shake
10:00AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
1:00PM - 4 organic eggs with cheese, 1/2 cup sugar-free vanilla mousse
6:00PM - Two 12oz prime rib w/horseradish, 2 cups spinach w/eggs, cheese, bacon, Ranch

EXERCISE: 35 minutes elliptical

THURSDAY
8:00AM - Atkins Shake
10:30AM - 4 organic eggs with cheese
12:30PM - La Tortilla wrap with turkey, cheese and mayo
6:30PM - 12 oz prime rib w/A-1, 1 1/2 cups spinach leaves w/pepperoni, eggs, cheese, Ranch
9:00PM - 1/2 cup sugar-free vanilla pudding

EXERCISE: 45 minutes elliptical, 90 minutes volleyball

FRIDAY
8:00AM - Atkins Shake
10:45AM - 1 1/2 cups alonds and walnuts
1:00PM - La Tortilla wrap with turkey, cheese and mayo, 1/2 cup sugar-free vanilla pudding
6:00PM - 3 eggs, 3 sausage patties, 1 smoked sausage, 1 cup salad greens w/Ranch
7:30PM - 1/2 cup sugar-free Tapioca pudding

EXERCISE: 45 minutes elliptical

SATURDAY
9:00AM - Atkins Shake
11:30AM - 3/4 lb BBQ w/no sauce, 1 large chicken breast, 1 bite of salmon w/tartar sauce, 1 cup salad greens w/eggs, cheese pepperoni, Ranch, sunflower seeds, 2 cups cantaloupe w/whipped cream
7:00PM - 8oz steak w/A-1, 1 cup greens w/Ranch, 3 eggs
9:00PM - 1/2 cup sugar-free vanilla caramel pudding

EXERCISE: 60 minutes elliptical

SUNDAY
9:30AM - Atkins Shake
12:30PM - 2 grilled chicken tenderloins w/cheese and mayo, 1/2 cup sugar-free vanilla caramel pudding
6:30PM - 3 tablespoons Naturally More peanut butter, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, Raspberry DaVinci syrup w/Splenda and Sweet Simplicity inside of a La Tortilla Factory wrap

EXERCISE: None

I'm still paying very close attention to avoid maltitol, aspartame and caffeine as much as humanly possible. It's hard to find foods that don't contain these, but it is indeed possible. I added back a few more comfort products this week such as low-carb peanut butter and chocolates. For the time being until the FDA can figure out what's going on with the E. coli problem with spinach, I'm staying away from them although they are my favorite salad veggie. Any questions?

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

Jimmy,

Are you consciously eating less than you used to?

Dave

9/20/2006 5:12 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Great question, Dave. The answer is no, but let me explain. What I have started doing more of in the past few weeks is listening to my body. If I'm not hungry, then why should I eat, right?

Before this new commitment to weight loss, I had allowed myself to eat sometimes even when I wasn't hungry or even close to hungry. THIS WAS NOT GOOD!

Being on this intermittent fasting this week has reminded me what REAL hunger is and has helped me realize I had not been listening to my body as well as I should.

If it means I'm eating less food and calories, then so be it. Perhaps that's why God made our bodies this way so we could keep our weight stable.

THANKS again for your EXCELLENT question!

9/20/2006 6:42 AM  
Blogger Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

I've not yet done the fasting, but I have been eating only when my body tells me to.

I've been alternating calories! One day I eat about 900-1000 cal, the next it's 1500 or higher. It's not intentional, but it's what my body is telling me to do.

I think it's great. I'm not hungry much, and when I am I eat what I want to (low carb and mostly natural of course).

9/20/2006 9:49 PM  
Blogger joycen said...

Just wondering what brand, if any, you are eating of the vanilla caramel sugar-free pudding? It sounds delicious.

Joyce

9/21/2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Joyceej! I'm getting a lot of requests about that, so I will blog about it tonight. It's a product called Carb Counters from CarbSmart.com with a little bit of my own razzle-dazzle to make it perfect for me. :) Check it out later on! THANKS again for your comments!

9/21/2006 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home