MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

'Biggest Loser' Gets Tummy Tuck, Making Weight Loss Documentary

The worldwide popularity of the hit NBC television show "The Biggest Loser" has indeed catapulted the show and its contestants into reality show superstardom! Just ask the winner of the Australian version of the show, Adro Sarnelli.


Biggest Loser Diet Club – Sign Up Now


After being declared "The Biggest Loser" in Australia for the exciting debut season this year in that country, he went on a whirlwind media tour that had him running all across Australia nonstop for months! When I was finally about to interview him at my blog in late September, Adro was just wrapping up his appearances and on his way to having surgery to remove the excess, loose, excess skin he had on his body after shedding over 130 pounds to "bring closure" to his weight loss experience.

I asked Adro about that surgery and here's what he said:

"YES, I HAVE HEAPS OF EXCESS SKIN LEFT AFTER THE WEIGHT LOSS. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW FAST I LOST WEIGHT BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE IT NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE I HAD IT ALL BEFORE I LOST WEIGHT AND WORSE NOW. I AM ACTUALLY GOING IN FOR SURGERY ON OCTOBER 3, 2006 TO HAVE MY FIRST OPERATION WHICH IS THE BODY LIFT. THEN I WILL GET MY ARMS, MAN BOOBS, AND THIGHS DONE ON NOVEMBER 14, 2006. MOST OF ALL, THESE SURGERIES ARE FOR ME TO HAVE CLOSURE ON THE WHOLE IDEA OF NOT BEING A FAT GUY ANYMORE."

I am so envious of Adro for having this done because I too want to have my jiggly skin taken care of as well. While some people claim that there is no such thing as loose skin, but rather bodaciously contend that it is excess fat that still needs to be lost, I am becoming more and more convinced that's a lie because my hanging skin problem is getting worse as I continue to lose weight. When I hit my goal of 199 in a few months, I will be doing a thorough post about this subject.

In fact, Adro believes this is such an important topic along with the whole weight loss, obesity, and getting fit theme that he is working on a new self-produced documentary film and he desperately wants to show it on television to help his fellow Australians overcome their objections to attempting weight loss. This is a passionate dream in this young man's heart right now and I think you and I can do something quite simple to help him out.

To that end, there is a brand new video featuring Adro Sarnelli on YouTube that I would like for you to go watch RIGHT NOW! Stop whatever you are doing (unless you are at work, of course!) and take a gander at this video. This is an important step in the process of helping Adro, so please do your part and watch the video.

It's less than 10 minutes long and features Adro with the cardboard cutout of himself before he started losing weight standing behind him as he talks about his recent surgery to take up the loose skin in his abdomen and chest, the upcoming surgery on his arms to take up the loose skin there (what's strange is my loose skin looks EXACTLY like his!), and a sneak peek at the documentary that is coming soon. In fact, watch the video all the way to the end to find out how you can see a special preview of the documentary.

Adro and his partner Ray Kelly are working hard to get as many views and comments about this video as they possibly can so they can have more leverage with television executives about showing the documentary when it is ready to be aired. This documentary could have the potential to help so many people, so won't you take just a few minutes of your time to check it out and leave a comment for Adro? THANK YOU!

CLICK HERE to show your support by watching the video at YouTube. I know Adro appreciates your help and sincerely wants to help others struggling with obesity to overcome it just as he did. THANK YOU again for your assistance and let's show this fellow low-carber that we do have strength in numbers to help make a difference in the country of Australia and beyond!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Muata said...

Jimmy,

While I respect Andro's decision to have multiple operations, I think you should think twice before going the same route. When you follow a properly structured diet (60g of green veggies or less), exercise intelligently, and drink 99% of your fluids as water, your skin comes back much more than you think. I've lost over 115 lbs, but more importantly I've reduced my body fat from 44% to 8.9%, and I can tell you that my loose skin is tightening up nicely. I've done this with the help of reading Dr. Ellis's Ulimate Diet Secrets and Anthony Colpo's writings and direct guidance. You can go to Anthony's low-carb muscle forum to read my journal (blkstar71); however, I would suggest that you focus on reducing your body fat percentage (not body weight) to single digit numbers BEFORE you consider having surgery. If you reduce your BF% low enough (i.e., single digits), I think you'll be surprised at how much your skin actually comes back. Hey, it's the largest organ in our body, which means that it has the capacity to grow and shrink. More than anything else, I think this biological fact is what the Biggest Loser (US version) has shown millions of viewers: the skin does in fact COME BACK without surgery, which is exciting news!!

Keep up the excellent work you're doing Jimmy.

All the best,
Muata
California, USA

12/19/2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for your comments, Muata. But I've been over all this before. I drink LOTS of water, do LOTS of exercises, eat LOTS of veggies, and have done everything I am supposed to do. I've even dropped another 20 or so pounds so far. But guess what?

NOTHING has changed about my hanging, excess, loose skin. In fact, it's starting to become even more pronounced, sagging and looking as ugly as ever.

My body fat percentage is around 9 percent right now which tells me my problem is not one with that. I think I've gone up and down too many times in my life with my weight that the elasticity of my tummy is just gone now.

Again, THANK YOU for your concern, but like Adro, I will not feel complete in my weight loss until I can have the abdominoplasty. It WILL happen someday. Take care!

12/19/2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Muata said...

Thanks for your reply Jimmy. OK, let's make a deal (with a complete stranger no less) LOL! Get your bodyfat % down to 6% BEFORE you consider having the surgery and keep it there for at least one year. I think this will give you all that you need to know as far as how much your skin will come back. Are you working with a trainer? What kinds of exercises are you doing? Another way to help saggy skin comeback is to help fill it up with muscle, especially in your arms and legs! If you aren't working with a trainer, I recomment getting in touch with Anthony Colpo. The guy not only knows his stuff about nutrition, but his knowledge of the proper way to exercise to see results is just as deep. On another note, one day I would love to be able to share my 100+ lb. weight loss journey with your readers. I'm currently in a 12 week body transformation that I've developed with Anthony. I'm in week 11 and I've already gone from 12.5% BF to 8.9%, and what's great is that my body weight has only changed 3-5 lbs, but I'm wearing a size 34 pants, with minimal sagging skin! I'm on a mission Jimmy to be the "Buffest Loser" LOL!. Take care and thanks for your reply.

Muata

12/21/2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, Muata! I admit I need help with specific exercises/training to bring my body fat even lower while making my body fitter and fitter. But I'm still not convinced the loose skin is going to get any better. I'd love to see the final results of your story and would LOVE to feature it at my blog. E-mail me anytime!

12/21/2006 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home