MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Organic Coconut Oil Promotes Weight Loss


Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
is a high-quality health food

Remember all the flack that coconut oil received from low-fat diet advocates back in the 1980s? When low-fat was "it" two decades ago and everyone was running away from anything that contained what was thought to be the most dastardly of all fats--SATURATED FAT--coconut oil got the short shrift and was unnecessarily lumped in with foods generally considered to be unhealthy for you.

But times are changing since the turn of the new century and people are beginning to realize that saturated fat can be good for you. Even the American Heart Association recently made a dramatic change in their position on fat intake. Suddenly, it's not so bad to eat fat anymore. SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

With this sudden revelation by health and nutrition leaders about how good and healthy saturated fat is for people to be eating in their diet, coconut oil has been thrust back into the limelight as an excellent way to promote weight loss and healthy living. Those of us who are livin' la vida low-carb already knew this, but it's nice to see the so-called health "experts" are finally validating it for all of those who have been blinded by the low-fat lie that's been preached for three decades.

I personally enjoy the taste and health benefits of coconut oil, especially a specific brand of it I found called Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil. I briefly blogged about the Nutiva line of health products earlier this year, but let me tell you about their coconut oil which I personally think is the best thing they offer people following a healthy lifestyle.

Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil is certified organic and does not contain any genetically modified organisms in it. Actually, this product is made from fresh coconuts and cold-pressed at controlled temperatures within two hours of being chopped for the freshest taste and highest quality oil possible.


Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature and melts at 76 degrees

The first time I ever used Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil as a replacement for butter, it looked and smelled so exotically wonderful that I had to eat a tablespoon-full straight up! When I did, I could feel it melting in my mouth as I took my tastebuds on a tropical adventure. Holy cow this stuff's AWESOME! And it really is so good for you, too.

Here are just a few of the known benefits of taking coconut oil:

- Lowers the risk of heart disease
- Promotes weight loss and maintenance
- Improves the body's immune system
- Decreases risk of cancer and other such diseases
- Boosts your metabolism
- Excellent source of quick energy
- Keeps skin healthy and young
- Allows the thyroid gland to function properly
- Prevent bacterial and viral infections
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

Another neat aspect of Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil is that it is unrefined, chemical-free, unfermented, unbleached, undeodorized, and unhydrogenated. While all of that may sound like the common sense way to make coconut oil, 99 percent of companies that make and manufacture coconut oil do just the opposite of all of those things. Not good!

The real proof that this product is far superior to most other coconut oil brands is in the look and taste. While some coconut oils have an off-white color and are basically odorless (from all the bleaching and processing they do to it), Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil has a beautiful and bright white color to it like fresh coconuts do, a rich aroma that makes you feel like you are in a tropical paradise, and even has the authentic flavor of real coconuts. I LOVE the taste of coconut, but not the texture, so this stuff is perfect!

Imported directly from the Phillipines, Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil comes from traditional palm trees only, not from any hybrid versions. This is a very important distinction when you are wanting to get the best possible coconut oil to enjoy as part of your low-carb lifestyle. Don't settle for less than the best, GET THE BEST!

Nutiva coconut oils comes in two sizes: 15 oz. and 29 oz. clear jars


Oh no, I'm almost out of my coconut oil! AAAAACK!

As you can see, I adore my coconut oil and it's time for me to reorder again to keep this healthy, delicious and nutritious product in my pantry to supplement my low-carb lifestyle. You can order some of the Nutiva brand of coconut oil for yourself just by clicking here.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Viking Dan said...

Not to nitpick, but it comes in the Oh-My-God-54-oz-Tub-O'-Death size, too.

http://nutiva.com/products/10_coconut.php

Oh and 1 and 5 gallon pails...if you want to bathe in it, too. ;)

10/08/2006 1:40 AM  
Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

I love coconut oil! I use it everyday as my preferred oil.

It's great!

I recommend it to everyone!

10/08/2006 1:54 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I'm sure they'll make whatever size the market demands, Dan, but the smaller versions I listed will get people started off right. :D

10/08/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Very cool, thanks for the recommendation! I've been reading a lot of cookbooks lately and came across a reference to coconut oil in Shirley Corriher's book Cookwise. (If you watch Good Eats on the Food Network she's the spikey haired food scientist that comes on occasionally.) She also listed the following as benefits: high stability, unlikeliness of rancidity (often not obvious but always dangerous) when used for frying, and not as easily absorbed by food as other oils. I really want to experiment with it but I've heard so many horror stories about how some is bad, some is good, etc. I think I'll try the fried chicken as soon as I get some of this stuff :)

10/08/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've bough coconut oil before. In fact, my apartment is fairly warm no matter what season it is, so I just place it in the cabinet and it stays nice and liquid, easy to spoon out for recipes. :)

I forget qhich brand I have, but it's extra virgin and I bought it at Netrition.

10/09/2006 12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're starting off, just make sure the coconut oil is either virgin or extra virgin, unrefined, not hydrogenated, and preferably cold-pressed or other non-heat extracting process.

i loved it ever since i started using it. i have Garden of Life brand, and this is the first one i've ever tried, but i'm going to try another soon because mine's almost out.

12/10/2006 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coconut Oil is great. We recommed it to all our patients.

Roger

4/04/2008 4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home