MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Atkins Devotee Finds A Home With The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Blog

I love getting e-mail from literally hundreds of people every week asking me such mundane questions as "How do you do this Atkins diet thing anyway?" to more serious ones like "Can low-carb really help me lose 150 pounds?" Sometimes the e-mails make perfect sense while others...um, let's just say I would need an interpreter to figure out what they mean. :-~ It's a fun lesson in the dynamics of communication that I absolutely adore.

I'm here to tell you, I read EVERY SINGLE E-MAIL that people send me and try to answer them all as soon as I possibly can. Sometimes I feel the need to provide an elaborate answer while other times my response is shorter. But I do respond and gladly offer any help that I can based on my own experiences on the low-carb lifestyle. After all, this miracle weight loss on livin' la vida low-carb was a gift from God, so who am I to keep others from experiencing their own blessing, right?

In addition to these questions that come in my e-mail box, I also get a TON of e-mails offering me thanks and praise for what I do at my blogs (Livin' La Vida Low-Carb, "30-In-30" Low-Carb Weight Loss Challenge, LowCarbNewsline.com, CarbWire.com, Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Links, CommonVoice.com, and The Quintessential Diabetes Links Resource blog) and with my podcast show. These e-mails are quite invigorating to read, especially if I have had a stressful day. And I get one of these at just the right moment to remind me why I have committed to doing what I do on a consistent basis.

My wife Christine, the sentimental woman that she is, keeps every single one of these e-mails I receive from you in a special scrapbook for me to look back on someday. She's already up to three large notebooks full of them and there are no signs of letting up yet. We may have to create a "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" library! :D

Here's one such encouraging e-mail I received from a brand new reader this weekend:

Hey Jimmy Moore! – I think I love you!!!!

WOW, thanks (I think!). I barely know ya, but I'll take it as a compliment.

I just wanted to drop you a line and say thank you for you amazingly erudite, positive and informative blog! I am so sick of having to hide the fact that I follow the Atkins Way Of Eating, just because I don’t want to have to deal with the onslaught of negativity, I will invariably encounter from others.

THANKS! That's why I'm here blogging away everyday.

Myself and my partner are happily coasting along with Atkins – currently losing between 2-4 pounds a week – and we have never felt better. Both of us were lucky enough to be quite young (26 + 30) when we decided to change our eating habits, so we didn’t necessarily have a whole host of health problems associated with being overweight (and as we were both at about 250lb to begin with, that’s VERY lucky!). But we’re amazed at how easy it is to follow and can quite confidently state that we will be happy to continue with this WOE forever.

It really is quite amazing this lifestyle change we've chosen, isn't it?

I was so happy to have stumbled upon your blog, because whilst there are a lot of low carb sites out there, it makes for a nice change to find some really positive sources that not only sing the praises of Dr. Atkins (who I think should receive a knighthood for his services to humanity!) but back up this WOE with articles, real scientific sources and a whole host of people for whom the Atkins diet has been a resounding success. I feel as though I have found my nutritional-spiritual home with your blog.

Offering education and encouragement has been my mission from day one.

So thank you again for being the tireless crusader of Atkins that you are – you’ve bowled me over (and I’m a tough crowd to please!). Take care and keep up the good work!

No, THANK YOU for being willing to be an advocate for livin' la vida low-carb in a world that spits in your face for doing so. You have joined a community of people who have not only survived, but thrived because of the healthy changes that have happened as a result of this remarkable way of eating. Life will never be the same again.

Don't ever lose your passion and vigor for sharing the message of low-carb living with the masses. It's a challenge for sure, but our own experiences will trump all of the lies that we continually hear from the media, our government and from so-called health "experts." They think they have a monopoly on nutritional truth, but the fact is they don't.

That's why low-carbers like yourself just need to keep on smilin' and livin' la vida low-carb boldly, proudly, and unashamed because you are getting your weight and health under control using the most incredible nutritional approach that has ever been shared with the world. It's the low-carb lifestyle, baby!

Got a question or comment for me? E-mail me anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home