MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pickles Made Low-Carb With Splenda? Sweet!


Look for the blue label on Mt. Olive pickles for the Splenda logo

I'm beebopping through the grocery store looking up and down the aisles for something new to add to my low-carb menu options and looky what I was able to find: LOW-CARB PICKLES! Granted, regular dill pickles aren't overly loaded with sugar anyway, but sweet pickles and bread & butter pickles have more sugar than I'm comfortable eating.

That's why I was glad to find the major pickle manufacturer Mt. Olive has created a whole line of their outstanding pickle products with no added sugars and they replaced the sugar with Splenda. WHOA, that's awesome! Just like Smuckers who recently changed from using Nutrasweet to Splenda to sweeten their jams and jellies, Mt. Olive is the next to get on the bandwagon and giving low-carbers a choice when it comes to their products.

I especially like sweet gherkins and their awesome sweet relishes which are made with cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, and sucralose (Splenda). Each sweet gherkin pickle has about 1g carbohydrate and worth every delicious bite, too! I eat these in my spinach salads or as a side with a turkey and cheese wrap. The relish goes great with hot dogs and just about anything you would eat with pickle relish. The best part is you'd never know you weren't eating the regular version of these pickles because they taste so good!

Mt. Olive No Sugar Added brand pickles come in three other varieties: Bread & Butter Sandwich Stuffer Pickles, Bread & Butter Pickle Strips, and Bread & Butter Pickle Chips.

Give these Mt. Olive No Sugar Added pickles a taste and see why I believe they are a low-carb specialty! ENJOY!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger TESS said...

I like the Mt Olive pickles but I found a recipe for Microwave Bread and Butter pickles on the web site Lindas low carb recipes. It takes 15 min start to finish. I used 2T fiberfit in place of the splenda. Even better than the Mt Olive ones!

11/21/2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger Sweet Tart said...

Vlasic also makes low carb pickles with splenda. We don't have Mt. Olive pickles in my neck of the woods, but I'm addicted to the Vlasic ones.

11/22/2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just a twist on this topic. I had a coupon for Vlassic recently, so I picked up a jar of Vlassic dill chip pickles in the grocery aisle and -- like I always do now -- read the nutrition label. They had SUGAR in them! Dill pickles had sugar! I ended up buying the store brand that had no sugar added. But I still felt mad about the scenario -- no wonder America has such a carb problem when big-name companies feel compelled to put sugar in something that isn't even supposed to be sweet. I don't understand it at all. Watch out for Vlassic dill pickles!

11/22/2006 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Mt. Olive pickles. I've been using these for quite some time. They also have splenda sweetened sweet pickle relish in a squeeze bottle.

11/22/2006 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home